Ghost lines

LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
While working to perfect the (not yet very perfect) relief mapping of a new version of Errispa, I have finally managed to capture two screen shots of the vanishing horizontal lines that sometimes appear.

I also know that these are caused by changing the fill properties of shapes imported from FT3, in particular for the climate.

Here are the horizontal lines I wasn't able to capture for you before:

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    And when you zoom in they disappear, so you can't work out what the problem is...
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    In this case I know from selecting different sheets one at a time that it is the grassland sheet causing the problem. The only solution I have come up with is to redraw the entire shape in CC3, using the FT3 exported shape as a pattern to trace from, but if you do it freehand, with the freehand drawing tool, then convert your freehand lines to polygons and choose the appropriate fill, this doesn't take as long as you might think :)

I tend to work on a sheet above everything else, called "sketch", so I don't loose the line as soon as I've drawn it beneath everything else.

And yes, this map is still in the very early stages, which is why there's still something a bit wrong with the relief work - hence the desert rolling down over an apparent cliff!