The Evils of Kelleemah - CA3+

The Feimhin and the Pale Goblins

Thirteen years ago eleven horned hags, known as the Feimhin, led an army of pale goblins to storm the Dwarf Hold of Patsanintaw which cut the great north/south road under the mountains. The dwarves fought many battles in those dark tunnels to retake the mountain, but to no avail. The Feimhin have renamed the Dwarf Hold to Sliabh-na-mBan. Since then, the Feimhin have let loose their pet goblins onto both sides of the Mountains of Dvr-Gamal, and have attempted to take other Dwarf Holds as well. The Feimhin are strong in magic and together, fear little in this world. Only the goblins of the Feimhin are pale, most other goblins are green in color.

Signed,

The Father, Council of the Hvitalfr, Lord of Destiny, and the Patron Saint of Orphans.

Comments

• edited June 2016
    The Naga,

Naga are one of the ancient races of Kelleemah. They lived far to the South on a large island between the mainland and the Western edge of the Shattered Isles. They had formed a powerful empire under the rule of King Kaliya, but during the Faith Wars, the winged followers of Garuda destroyed it, for he was the enemy of Kadru, the goddess of the Naga. Naga survivors spread throughout the warm climates of Kelleemah.

Naga are a reptilian race whose lower body is that of a snake with the upper portion being more humanoid in nature. They have four arms and are poisonous. Naga are normally associated with the forces of evil, but individuals have been known to be good. It is said that there are seven subspecies of Naga with each one being a different color. Four are said to be ruled by Kings: Red, Yellow, Blue, and Violet while three are said to be ruled by Queens: Orange, Green, and Indigo.

The Green Naga is said to dwell near the Orc lands in the Southwest. Rumors have them living in the old ruins of Mathura and it’s fortress of Kaliraman along the river of Yamuna. The inhabitants of the region refers to them as the Panna Naagon, the Emerald Serpents. They are greatly feared, for many Orcs serve in their army.

Signed,

The Father, Council of the Hvitalfr, Lord of Destiny, and the Patron Saint of Orphans.
    Naga.PNG 827.3K
  • edited June 2016
    The Dread Cavalry of Golgothas!

Many Demons & Devils live in isolated pockets of Kelleemah, for many were scattered and never did return to their realm in the far South. These remnants of the Shedim Wars still plague our lands. One such enclave of evil is the Fortress of Golgothas, the Place of Skulls. Golgothas is somewhere within the Desert of Dudael. According to legend, the fortress disappears at dawn and reappears at dusk; each time in a different location.

The Shedim that dwell here are part Devil and part Nightmare, similar in appearance to Centaurs. The lower body is as black as night, and the upper half is a vile purple. They wear black armor and carry huge axes. They are known as the Dread Cavalry, and they ride forth each night looking for hapless victims and collect their heads as trophies. It is a blessing that they seem to be limited to the sparsely inhabited desert.

Signed,

• 7 days later
  • edited August 2016
    The Followers of Mavros,

Orcs and half-orcs can be found in the mountains and wilderness areas south of the Kraken’s Den. Most of these are isolated tribes that raid civilized lands. But, between the plains of Talivadia and the jungles of the Panna Naagon is the mountain range known as Mavros. It is named after the mysterious leader of the orc kind, the Black One. It is reported to be an evil shade of some kind and has managed to unite the various tribes of the mountains. The followers of Mavros once invaded Talivadia and would have defeated them, but were surprised by an army of mercenary Gnomes. They have not troubled the lands of civilized folks since then. Rumors have reached my ears though that say they are once again becoming strong in numbers and even worse, they have been allying themselves to the Panna Naagon. They worship Orcus, the demonic god of the underworld & punishment.

Signed,

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    What a horrible bunch of people!

(I mean the characters - not the drawings)

I find your characterisations fascinating :)
  • 6 days later
  • edited December 2016
    The Birth of Lotan-Tiamat,

During the Faith Wars, Yammu, one of many gods of the sea; learned about Tiamat. According to legend, Marduk, a storm god; battled the evil dragoness known as Tiamat and saved their world. She was so powerful that his allies gave him several magical weapons to help him destroy her; the arrows of the wind, a net, a club, and an invincible spear. Marduk was successful and saved the other gods. Marduk still held these weapons except for one, the net. Yammu wanted to find this weapon to aid him in the Faith Wars and he also wanted to know why Marduk kept all of his weapons except for this one. Eventually, Yammu found both of the secrets that he sought.

The net was kept hidden in a temple high up in the northern mountain range known as the Sellevolk. The net was magical indeed, for it had trapped the soul of Tiamat and left only a raging mortal beast for Marduk to fight. Yammu craved the power trapped by the magical net and sent his seven headed Dragon, who was named Lotan, to recover it. Warned of this by the White Council of the Elves. The Paladins of the Mereka Mati took a blood oath to stop the elder dragon, Lotan. They were led by Lady Coreius, Captain of their Dragon Riders. Her heart was pure and her soul was tempered steel; her trials and quests were a testament to her courage and she was a paragon of what the Mereka Mati stood for.

Lady Coreius was also the bearer of a God Sword. There are twenty of these swords and they are imbued with the souls of great heroes who became gods upon their deaths. As such, they are also known as the Cursed Gods, for they are trapped in these swords for all eternity. The swords are known by many names. Her sword was known as Pandra’s Blade, The Sword of Scales, Wind Sailor, and Storm Chaser. Lady Coreius was like a cleric to a god and its power coursed through her veins. They were one and the same.

When they neared the hidden temple, they realized that they were too late, for Lotan had just took flight with the treasure that she sought gripped tightly in her claws. According to legend, the Lady Coreius hurled her brethren into fierce battle and the heavens echoed with the war cries of the Mereka Mati and roars of Lotan! Many times, Lotan was gravely wounded while the Paladins paid in blood. Lotan eventually dropped the soul-net. Screaming a great cry, Lotan turned and dived for the falling treasure that she had been sent for while Coreius and her Dragon did the same. While six of Lotan’s heads fought off Lady Coreius, the seventh head stretched out and gulped down the soul-net. Overwhelming power coursed through Lotan and she was no longer alone, for Tiamat was within her. In that moment their combined power dominated every Dragon and Dragonkind throughout Kelleemah. It is said the Lady Coreius died fighting her own Dragon as they fell out of the sky.

There are no good Dragons left in Kelleemah, and several directly serve their god, Lotan-Tiamat. She is also known as the Mad Queen, for Lotan and Tiamat still via for control. Her Kingdom is in the far northwestern mountains and is built on the bones of many dwarves that used to live there. Their Dwarf Holds now serve as her Dragon dens. Many evil creatures now serve her. One of Tiamat’s favorite children are the Abyssai. They are said to be the offspring of Basmu. They are lizard like men with wings and horns and are said to be a form of Shedim. There are five sub-races of Abyssai, with each one being a different color; black, blue, green, red, and white. They lead the lower races and in turn, serve the Dragons.

Signed,

That's really quite complicated, and I know Abyssai isn't very nice, but I've always been partial to the colour blue - blue and its complimentary colour; gold :)
  • edited June 2016
    Yes, the mythology of my world has developed a lot over the years. Since the Abyssai actually lives in Kelleemah, I thought that I should include the mythology of Lotan-Tiamat and then show how the Abyssai fits into that framework. It also explains why there are no good Dragons in Kelleemah and introduces the Mythology of the Cursed God's. When I start building maps for my campaigns, they will be focused around those swords. Thanks for your comments! :-)
    Are you writing a book, CharlesWayneRobinson?
  • Loopysue,

I have thought about it off and on, but I am not very good at dialogue. I can never get it to sound natural (more robotic – LoL!).

I have friends that have also encouraged me to publish it as a RPG World, but there are so many worlds out there, I doubt anyone would even notice it. :-)

If I did write stories based on this world, I would have to have a coauthor to help me with it - that is for sure.

Another problem with publishing it for RPGs is that I just don’t have the money for the art work that it would need. As such, I am just updating my world for fun. ;-)

Regardless, if I ever did do either one, I would self publish online.
    Self publishing online is the only way to get it out there, nowadays. That's what I'm going to do... when I'm finally happy with both the maps I will need for the first two books.

I think the only way to write is just to do it. People worry too much about style and voice, but the truth is that if you write as you speak it generally works out ok. I start with the dialogue - using a digital recorder to tape myself playing all the parts. (This can be a hilarious secret occupation, but I would die if anyone ever got their hands on those recordings!). The rest of a scene - all those little telling actions - the pull of a nose, the narrowing of the eyes - its all related to what the character is saying, and his or her interaction with the present situation, bearing in mind his or her particular history and particular disposition.

That's why its good to create a complicated but logical history - so that the characters who are born of it have depth and flavour. And that's why I asked if you were writing a book :)
  • Posted By: LoopysueI start with the dialogue - using a digital recorder to tape myself playing all the parts. (This can be a hilarious secret occupation, but I would die if anyone ever got their hands on those recordings!).
    LoL!

It is a good idea though. Maybe when I am done with my maps, I can take a stab at writing.

Thanks Loopysue!
  • 11 days later
  • edited July 2016
    Rabbalnnar,

Rabbalnnar is a female Afreet, which is an infernal form of Al-Jinnin that is made from smokeless fire. She rules the city ruins of Mahkum in the northern lands of the Thamud. She is a wicked and ruthless Afreet and the Hobgoblins and Gnolls serve her. The ruins of Mahkum is inhabited by all manner of evil creatures that use it as a base for raiding the lands of the Thamud. The famed Dervishes of Thamud have tried to rid the ruins of its denizens many times, but the raw power of Queen Rabbalnnar has always proven their ruin. The Dervishes have had no choice but to conduct regular patrols and try to intercept as may raiding parties as they can. Her subjects bring her sacrifices after each raid to appease her, for she is an oppressive and treacherous ruler. It is said that her throne room is full of scorched bones, for she loves to suck out the hot marrow.

Some believe that she was sent to destroy the city during the Faith Wars by the three Grigori that live within Mount Hermon. For the Dervishes of Thamud were relentless in their battle against evil. The Order of Sheireil was thwarted many times by the Dervishes during the Faith Wars. The Order's evil lord, the Fallen Angel Shamsiel, does not forget his enemies; neither does Samyaza or Armaros.

Signed,

• 1 month later
  • edited August 2016
    The Kematian,

The Kematian are Elvin undead that arose from the sea at the end of the Faith Wars. These are the Elves that died when the Shedim sunk these lands, creating the Shattered Isles at the end of the 3rd Shedim War. They have seized several ships and islands, but to date, we do not know why. They do not seem bent on conquest, for they have not spread their domains since they have risen from the depths. The Kematian do have a purpose though. They have raided ships and settlements all throughout southlands. But, they have never taken plunder. Some of these have been against innocent people, while others have been against villains. They do not differentiate between them, slaying all who oppose them. It almost seems that they are searching for something, but what would the dead seek in this world? The Elves of Benteng Pulau oppose them at every turn and seek to protect the innocent.

Signed,

• 1 month later
  • edited September 2016
    As the Vagothian King watched on. The Seer peered upon the bones before her and her voice changed. It was strained and angry.

"I remember the war; the first in the old world! When Gullveig was studded with spears and in the hall of the High One; she was burned, thrice burned, thrice reborn, often, many times, and yet she still lived on! Gullveig of the Vanir, the witch who saw many things, who enchanted wands, divined what she could, and in a trance practiced seidr! All feared her; for whenever she happened upon dwellings, she brought delight to evil! Lorcan’s blade, known as the Odr Brandr, the raging blade; the Brjotamein, to give pain; and the Kalladaudr, to cry out death; has awaken! For Gullveig and her brides have returned!"

It was too much for the seer, she cried out and slumped upon the floor, eyes staring and unblinking.

Hilmr Haldordr knew fear, for the legend of Gullveig was well known. How was he to stop a Goddess that all of Asgard could not destroy, and what if she finds Lorcan's lost sword first, for it had not been seen since the Dwarven Hero, Kanansi, departed with it on his quest to the north over 400 years ago. What if Gullveig already wields the god sword of chaos, fire, and vengeance!
  • You do such beautiful work with Character Artist, Charles!

LLAP

Nacon4
  • edited September 2016
  • 1 month later
  • Well done! You have inspired me to spend more time in CA3+. Infact I have it just never used it.
  • Thanks MadCartograher!

I am looking forward to seeing your CA3+ Characters on the forum! ☺
  • 1 month later
  • edited December 2016
    Shisr and the ghouls of the lost city of Ubar

Thamudian legend speaks of the lost city of Ubar that was swallowed up by the sands during the Faith Wars. It was ruled by Shisr a dark sorcerer known for tyranny and oppression. It is said that the city was buried by the gods when Shisr used his necromantic arts to raise an army of ghouls against them. Some say that the city still exists below the sands of Dudael and is protected by Shisr’s magic. Stories tell of heaps of treasure, date gardens, and a fortress of red stone.
  • These are looking good Charles. I wish my campaign was still going so I would have a reason to make some of those myself. The only one I ever made was a character for a D&D game one of my friends was running.

But I made mine with the old CC3 version so it doesn't look quite as good.
  • Thanks tonnichiwa!

I love having the ability to not only show the different cultures of my game world, but to bring the individual NPC's and Deities to life with ProFantasy's awesome product.
    It took some tweaking, but the creative potential is outstanding!
    I hope that they start adding upgrades for this product, even if it is just some more clothing choices.
  • edited December 2016
    Knolls range over a large area of Southern Kelleemah. From as far north as the mountain range of Zagros to the most southern jungles of the Kush. They live within the desert of Dudael and inhabit all the lands east to the Rising Ocean. The single largest population of Knolls are concentrated in the hills of Ardhimbaya that lay along the eastern range of Dudael. They wear a hodgepodge of armor and clothing taken from whoever they kill and the Knolls of Ardhimbaya are led by the feline race known as the Flind.
    LOL! Flind looks like me on a bad morning!

Seriously great work, Charles :)
  • SorpawSorpaw Newcomer
    Whew! Detailed work on characterizations! Are you going to do plans for fortresses, cities, etc?
  • edited January 2017
    Thankks Loopysue & Sorpaw!
    Posted By: SorpawWhew! Detailed work on characterizations! Are you going to do plans for fortresses, cities, etc?
    Sorpaw,

I have a lot of different things going on:
    1. The World of Kelleemah - consisting of 8 regional maps so far of my game world of Kelleemah.
    2. The Humans of Kelleemah - consisting of 24 characters representing the various human cultures of Kelleemah.
    3. The Evils of Kelleemah - consisting of this list of 10 characters.
    4. The Elder Races of Kelleemah - consisting of 9 characters so far.
    5. The Fey of Kellemah - consisting of 22 characters so far representing the Elves, Dwarves, Halfings, and the Gnomes of Kelleemah.
    6. The White Council - consisting of 13 characters representing the emerging pantheon of the Elves.
    7. The Cursed Gods - consisting of 20 characters representing the Gods of the Free Peoples.
    8. Battle Maps: only 1 so far.
    9. The Village of Grivrsvida.
    10. Traveller RPG Characters and a Star Port Map: 6 characters.

I also have a profile on the Cartographers Guild and a portfolio on Deviant Art (http://charleswaynerobinson.deviantart.com/)

I recently graduated with my MBA with a specialty in marketing (https://www.linkedin.com/in/charleswrobinsonprofile/)

In addition, I have not found a new job yet (I live in Southern Illinois where they are not exactly plentiful) so I have also been doing commission work using the ProFantasy package of software and I started releasing products today featuring my work.

Examples are Tri-Blend T-Shirts, Graphic T-Shirts, and Stickers so far.

I plan to release several other products as well featuring the work that I have done.

I am also considering releasing RPG products for my game world on www.rpgnow.com.

There is just so much that you can do with this great product!