The Fey of Kelleemah - CA3+

The Ljosalfr / Hulda Folk

Perinusa is the largest concentration of Elves within the northwestern realms. It is located in the island chain known as the Skjaldborg Eylands. The elves of Perinusa are known as the Ljosalfr, the Light Elves. They are not the only ones though. Their people dwell in small hidden communities throughout Sutheimr and the Beorgumende. Those who do not dwell on Perinusa are known as the Huldafolk, the Hidden People. Volund Besarmalik rules Perinusa and may hold lordship over the Huldafolk as well. They are a quite people, reserved, and easy to offend. One must approach them with respect. They hold true to the taboo of mixing races. As such, half-elves will always be found among the tribes of man.

Signed,

The Father, Council of the Hvitalfr, Lord of Destiny, and the Patron Saint of Orphans.

Comments

• edited September 2016
    The Tinefain,

The Tinefain are a mixed tribe of Elves and Mankind. Unlike other Elves, the Tinefain do not abide by the ban on the mixing of races and fully accept Half Elves into their society. Indeed, only the royal bloodline of the Tinefain are pure Elven anymore. Early on, they mixed with the Ogham, producing Half Elven offspring with the Elven dominant red hair that marks the Elves of Tinefain. All of the non-royal Tinefain are Half Elves with some favoring the Elven bloodlines and others the Ogham bloodlines. The name Tinefain is not an Elven name, for they do not speak their language among those outside of their society. The name Tinefain is given them by the Ogham and means wild-fire. For the Tinefain are fierce warriors and are known to be easily offended and quick to anger! They live within the same lands of the Ogham, but most of their strongholds are in Southern Brython. They are led by Volund Keturunan.

Signed,

The Father, Council of the Hvitalfr, Lord of Destiny, and the Patron Saint of Orphans.
  • edited August 2016
    The Tanahair,

Volund Kebaikan leads the Kingdom of Perituhan. It is located just north of the Kraken’s Den, in the Mountain chain of Suburpuncak. These are the Elves known as the Tanahair. They have many cities, towns, and villages throughout its many fertile valley’s along the southern side. The Tanahair used to be the ruling clan of the Elven people, but after the Faith Wars, the Waylands of each of the clans came together to form the Hvitalfr, the White Council. It is this council that now leads all of the Elven people, such as it is. The Elves lost almost two-thirds of their people in the last Shedim War and this is the reason for the ban on intermarriage. They are trying to rebuild their race.

The Tanahair lost more than most and as such, they recruited the human tribes of the Sali to settle in their lands in return for fealty to the Volund of Perituhan. Per the settlement agreement, the Sali provided levies for war. The best of them would be chosen to lead the initial assaults against the foes of Perituhan; for the Elves were loath to waste the lives of their own kindred in such efforts. They preferred to form their units into regiments of medium cavalry and to charge into combat once the levies had broken up the enemy lines.

Even though the chosen mostly died in the initial assaults, those who survived became great leaders among the Sali. The Elves called those that they chose, the Mereka Mati, Those to Die. For the Sali, this was an honor and their warriors tried their best to be chosen. Eventually, the number of survivors had grown large enough that they formed an elite unit of Paladins, the Military Order of Mereka Mati. The adventures of the Paladins are the stuff of legends, and their renown has spread far and wide.

Signed,

• edited August 2016
    The Anginperak,

On the southeastern border of the Tanahair is the Elven realm of Dataran Kuda. The Elven clan of Anginperak lives in this realm and they are some of the best light cavalry in Kelleemah. They are refugees who fled here during the Third Shedim War. They escaped from their island home of Pulauranah. The island is south of the lands known as Bhayjangal where the western edge of the Jana City States begin. None of the Elven Lords of the Anginperak made it off of the island, but hope remains that heirs to the title of Volund still survive in Pulauranah. Expeditions have been sent, but none have returned. The people elected a new leader, but he refused to take the title of Volund. Instead, he took the title of Pelayan which means Steward. The current Pelayan of Dataran Kuda is the famous explorer named Berjalan. Ironically, he loves running and hiking more than he does riding. Unlike the rest of Elvenkind, the Anginperak are a light hearted people who laugh easily. They follow the ban on intermarriage and their Half-Elven kin can mostly be found within the cities and towns of the Sali, or northeast among the Anasazi.

Signed,

• 10 days later
  • edited September 2016
    The Kalahroh,

I recently talked to a Captain, who claims to have seen a Kalahroh. A storm had blown his ship off course and he found himself near the coast of Pulauranah. It was late so he anchored near the shore. He set a double watch for the night, for the waters around Pulauranah are plagued by small sea serpents of various kinds and an odd form of drake.

Sailors have reported hearing the singing of the Kalahroh, beautiful and haunting melodies. Some have even claimed to have seen movement along the shores. But until now, none had seen one up close. Kalahroh are said to be the lost spirits of the Anginperak who were left behind to die on Pulauranah.

The Captain rose early the next morning and was walking the deck. He gazed through the early morning mist and saw her. She appeared as a wisp of a girl with Elven features. She was armed with a primitive spear and was fitted with some type of hide armor, a red tattered skirt, and sandals. Bones were tied to one arm and she wore the skull of some beast on her head. He could see her so clearly and thought to shout out to her, but the mist closed in and she disappeared from view. He waited there for six hours to see if he could spot her again. But, he finally gave up and set sail once more.

I wonder, could there still be survivors on Pulauranah? If so, how come none of the expeditions to find them have ever returned?

Signed,

• edited September 2016
    The Kapalhitam,

The Elven clan of Kapalhitam are known far and wide, for they are the most travelled of all the Elves. There is no coast that they have not visited, no island that they have not charted, and no creature of the sea that they do not know. Their black ships with their black sails are a common sight throughout Kelleemah. Their kingdom of Benteng Pulau is located in the Shattered Isles on the largest island along the eastern chain.

Their home is born of grief. Like the rest of the Elvenkind, they were present at the destruction of the southeastern part of Kelleemah. As sailors though, most of their clan survived, for they were the backbone of the allied naval forces in the Third Shedim War. It was their valiant efforts that saved so many lives as the land began to submerge beneath the waves. Benteng Pulau started as a base in which to coordinate rescue efforts from. Afterwards, they stayed to help bring supplies to the Titan’s army in the south that guards against the return of the Shedim.

To their dismay, during the last days of the Faith Wars, the Elven dead emerged from their watery grave. They came ashore on an island in the western chain of the Shattered Isles and killed all who lived there. The Kematian commandeered what ships they found and now terrorize all of Sheol. They glow an eerie blue and all who come near them feel the cold chill of death. They fight with staves that are tipped with unholy blue fire. The Kapalhitam are led by Volund Matamerah, the Lady of the One Eye. The Kapalhitam must now stand against their long dead kin.

Signed,

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    These are nicer people ;)

I like them better than the last collection of characters you uploaded... except for the Tanahair, who appear to be using the humans as what we would call 'gun fodder' - food for the slaughter!

How do you manage to think all this stuff up? Its taken me years to come up with just five races of new people, and they are more like tribes than races.
    My goodness. You really are super-qualified for the job of creating entire legions of all different kinds!

I am just a simple administrator, or I was, until I handed in my notice :)
    The first time I realised my daydreams might actually be worth writing down, I was 13 years old, and my sister was half killing me because I was refusing to tell her the end of a story I made up because she had just pulled my hair. That was back in... um... 1979?
  • Lets see, I was born in 1969, so that means I would have been 10 years old in 1979. ;-)
    Ah well I beat you in age, but I have to be bigger at SOMETHING! lol.
  • Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonLets see, I was born in 1969, so that means I would have been 10 years old in 1979. ;-)

Just had to shout out to 1969! Represent Charles :) Im a summer of '69 baby myself!
  • edited June 2016
    The Kegelapan,

The Elven clan known as the Kegelapan, are a blight upon Kelleemah. They are better known as Black Elves or Night Elves, for their skin and hair is as black as a moonless night. They do not have the beauty of their kin and their mouths are full of sharpened teeth. They eat their enemies, especially those that are their kin. They live mostly underground like the Dwarves. They were defeated by their kin during the Faith Wars but those that have survived, now serve the Lotan-Tiamat. They have conducted surface raids all throughout Kelleemah in the Mad Queens name.

Signed,

• edited August 2016
    The Haflings

As the Faith Wars came to an end and the Chess wars were just beginning, a relative period of peace existed within the lands of the Dwarves, Sali, and the Elves along the Northern coastal waters of the Kraken's Den. The Dwarves of Sudri-Hanarr were busy churning out metal goods, the Elves were busy with the formalization of the White Council, and thanks to the patronage of the Elves, the Humans known as the Sali where the most advanced of their kind.

During this time, Kebaikan, the Volund apparent, had taken it upon himself to tour the lands of their allies, the Sali. Unknown to Kebaikan and his royal guard, a small band of hill giants had came down from the mountains of the Sudri-Hanarr and were waylaying travelers. Three haflings, John Fardearg, Tom Hoberd, and Bobby Clurichan knew of the giants and warned the young Kebaikan. Armed with this knowledge and the help of the Hafling clans, Kebaikan took the fight to the giants, killing them all. Afterwards, Kebaikan gave each of his saviors sizable land grants along the wilds between the Sali and the Sudri-Hanarr. They were granted sovereignty over their own lands, but like the Sali, were subject to the summons of the Elves of Perituhan during the times of war.

Haflings normally live in small enclaves all along the Western lands of Kelleemah. They mostly live in small settlements, preferring lands that are normally safe. In cities, Haflings band together in small neighborhoods. They get along with Mankind and their Fey cousins very well.

Throughout the world of Kelleemah, there are only three lands where Haflings rule themselves. They are the lands given to the Haflings by Kebaikan, who is now Wayland Kebaikan the Kind. John Fardearg chose the rolling hills along the Southeastern borders. His clan built many hill towns and named the land Eorthbuend. They live the simple life of a farmer and deal little with the outside world. Tom Hoberd chose the wild woods of the west and his clan built their villages of wood along the many waterways that flow from the springs of Sudri-Hanarrr. They named their land Greneweald. They are a tough bunch, love to explore, and some travel great distances making beautiful maps of strange lands. Bobby Clurichan chose the Northern lands along the trade routes between Perituhan and Beorgumende to the Northwest and the Gold Road towards Sellevolk in the far North. He named this land Wyrtgeard. His clan has proven to be good merchants who travel far and wide plying their trade. They dress well and have collected many trophies from their travel.

Signed,

• 7 days later
  • edited June 2016
    The Sellevolk,

The Dwarves of the Sellevolk live along the northern rim of Kelleemah in the mountain range that bares their name. They also have colonies even farther north in the lands of Sutheimr. With the rise of Lotan-Tiamat, they lost most of their colonies in Sutheimr and the western tip of the Sellevolk to the Dragons. Between the Shedim Wars, the Dragons, the Strigoi, the Vigaferli, and the Khatagin raiders; they have suffered much. Their allies, the Vistulans have been a great boon to the Sellevolk in the Meginland (Mainland) and the Vagoth have been strong allies to their surviving colonies in wilds of Sutheimr. It is a great journey for their trade caravans that make the long trek south to the land of the Elves, who the Dwarves refer to as Jogari-Angarlar, the High Valleys.

Signed,

• Hey....where is the description??? I look forward to reading these :)
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited June 2016
    Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonHa, ha!

My game world started back in the mid-80's.
    Ha ha! Mine, too.
  • edited June 2016
    The Dvr-Gamel,

The Dwarves of the Dvr-Gamel live in the mountains by that same name. They run from the Sellevolk in the North all the way south until they split. The southwestern mountains are known as the Sudri-Hanarr and the southeastern mountains are known as the Suburpuncak. Unlike their kin in the far north, the Dvr-Gamel have had few encounters with the Dragons of the Lotan-Tiamat. Like all of the fey, the Dwarves of the Dvr-Gamel have also fought in the Shedim Wars. They face many challenges of their own though. Thirteen years ago the Feimhin and their pale goblins stormed the Dwarf Hold of Patsanintaw which cut the great north/south road under the mountains. The Dwarves fought many battles is the dark tunnels, but were not able to recapture Patsanintaw. The Feimhin and their Pale Goblins have attempted to take other Dwarf Holds as well, but the Dwarves are better prepared and know their tricks now. So far, the Feimhin have not taken anymore.

With the road under the mountains blocked and caravans constantly being ambushed, the Dwarves have had to build a new road, this time, on the surface. The Dwarves rejected the western side of the Dvr-Gamel, for Worg riding Goblins infest the foothills. So, the Dwarves chose the eastern side of the Dvr-Gamel, the terrain was easier going, and it allowed the Sellevolk and Worclaw to use it as well. There were still goblins on this side, but not as many as on the western side. It did not take long for the Khatagin to extend their raids to the Dvr-Gamel.

Unlike the Sellevolk, Dvr-Gamel did not have any nearby human tribes within which to ally themselves with. As such, they travelled south to the land of the Elves in search of help. This came in the form of a Mercenary General named Joehn Abelard. For a great deal of gold, title, and land grants, Joehn Abelard agreed to act on their behalf and to recruit settlers and mercenaries. He formed these recruits into proper mercenary bands from all kinds of cultures. These people consisted of Gotnar, Ogham, Sali, Sabine, Thamud, the Free Peoples, and he even recruited some of the Khatagin themselves. The people established settlements and fortifications all along the trade route, that Joehn Abelard nick-named, the Gold Road. The name Abelard has been extended to encompass all of the humans that live between Wroclaw and the Winding Falls.

Signed,

I like the way you tell a story with the many interweaving histories. Although I have recently agreed with the principle that character images are perhaps not a good idea, in other places on this forum, I think there are exceptions to this general rule, and yours is one of them.

In a sense, your pictures and their individual histories ARE the novel :)
  • Thanks Loopysue,

To me, the writing and the graphics should support one another. They each tell a part of the same story. :-)
  • edited June 2016
    The Sudri-Hanarr,

The Sudri-Hanarr have been stalwart allies of the Elves of Perituhan since their arrival in Kelleemah. The Dwarven King, Eskidana, stood beside Kebaikan when he was crowned as Wayland. Sudri-Hanarr is best known for their detailed metal work, from the finest jewelry to highly decorated armor and weapons fit for royalty. But two years ago, King Eskidana passed away after enjoying a long and fruitful life. He left two sons behind. The oldest is Qarabir, who became King; and his youngest is named Azatiiq.

King Qarabir was not a favored son of Eskidana, but Dwarven tradition dictated that the Kingship pass to the oldest surviving son. Qarabir is an arrogant King that loves power and gold. He raised taxes and ignored the Council of Elders. He promoted his allies to positions of power instead of by merit. As dissent started to increase, he became ever more controlling. He established strict rules for the people to live by, and enforced his will on the citizens through the guardians of each of the Dwarf Holds. When some of the members of the Council of Elders began to speak openly against him, he dismissed the council and placed many of its members within the dungeons. This angered his people greatly and mobs formed to protest his treatment of the Elders. King Qarabir used the mobs as an excuse to declare martial law. The final straw came a few months later, just short of a year after the start of his reign. The Dwarves of Sudri-Hanarr paid special homage to the gods Brokk, Eitri, and Sindri who were brothers. They are known for their exceptional smith work, jewelry, and the making of magical weapons that are used by the gods. King Qarabir destroyed their temple and declared Litvargr as the sole god of the Sudri-Hanarr. He is the Dwarven god of vengeance and murderer. His priests are the Lovar, worshipers of death that can be hired as assassins. Their cult has been banned for centuries. Litvargr is also known as the "Burnt God", for his body is covered in burns and he has no hair.

Azatiig had stood by his brother at first, and then tried to remain neutral, but he knew now that this could not stand. He declared King Qarabir and his allies to be Dheurtrug, a legal ruling that brands a Dwarf as being the worst of Dwarven Kind. The Dwarves are banished; for they are considered evil, deceitful, and totally without honor. The remaining Elders declared Azatiiq the new King, but Qarabir refused to step down. The Dwarves of Sudri-Hanarr fell into civil war and the gates of the Dwarf Holds have been shut for just over a year. Only two places still remain open. Both are held by Dwarves loyal to King Azatiig. The first is the Port City of Azwatis, this is a vital city for the rebellion, for it allows resources to enter into the realms beneath the mountains. The second is the Fortress of Qabirga, which is part of the Salian Wall that separates the lands of the Sali and the realms of the Ogham & Gotnar. The Fortress is jointly garrisoned by both the Dwarves of the Sudri-Hanarr and Salian Soldiers.

Just last month, Qabirga came under assault by an army loyal to King Qarabir. They came from the most northern Dwarf Hold of Sogis Kakna. It was not just an army of Dwarves though; for Goblins, Bugbears, and Trolls were within their ranks. Upon news of the approaching army, the Fortress Commander lit the signal fires and sent out riders. Qabirga was already well manned, but it swelled to three times its number by the time that King Qarabir’s army arrived. The battle was fierce and lasted for three days. Even then, the Dwarven army only abandoned their efforts when they learned that an allied army was quickly approaching. It consisted of the medium cavalry of the Tanahair, the light cavalry of the Anginperak, the Paladins of the Mereka Mati, and numerous heavy cavalry from among the Feudal Lords of the Sali. Goblin worg riders were dispatched to harass and slow down the army giving the Dwarves the time they need to escape back to Sogis Kakna.

At this time, we do not know much about the war beneath the mountains. Nor do we know who is winning. This is especially troubling for the three Halfling realms, for they were established in the wilds between the lands of the Sali and the Sudri-Hanarr. If King Qarabir wins, the Hoberd Haflings could bring our only warning of approaching armies.

Below is one of the Sudri-Hanarr who mans the Fortress of Qabirga.

Signed,

• Charles, I haven't had much time to get on the forums lately, but I just wanted to pop my head in long enough to say how much I love the work you've been doing with CA3. These are all amazing!
  • edited June 2016
    The Dheurtrug,

Although the term Dheurtrug is a legal term used for labeling and banishing evil Dwarves that are without honor from Dwarven society, it has now come to mean a lot more. When a Dwarf now speaks of the Dheurtrug, they are specifically speaking of King Qarabir and those that follow him. Indeed, this also includes the Priests of Litvargr that are known as the Lovar. Since the start of the civil war, news of the open worship of Litvargr has spread throughout the realms of the Dwarves. According to rumors, the Dwarves of Kelleemah are searching for any signs of the outlawed cult within their realms. They are afraid that the cult could be growing within their own lands and do not want to suffer the same fate as the Sudri-Hanarr. But, there have been no mysterious deaths of late that are often attributed to the Lovar.

I have read the recent reports from the battle at Qabirga. It is most disturbing. First, the fact that any dwarf would ever fight beside humanoids, is something that would have been dismissed out of hand before this battle took place. Obviously, we must re-assess the Dheurtrug of Sudri-Hanarr and their possible alliances with the denizens of the dark. Second, and the most disturbing, is the changes in the followers of King Qarabir. Since the Dwarves mostly fought at night to harness the full potential of their humanoid allies, the grey skin of the Dwarves was at first thought to only be ash smudged on the skin to help them blend into the night. Upon closer inspection of the dead, this assumption turned out to be wrong. The skin has lost its color and turned an ashen grey and their eyes have turned a blood red. The Dheurtrug are changing and we do not know what power is behind this; and, we do not know to what end. Even though the cult of Litvargr has been around for as long as the Dwarves remember, there has never been a report of his followers physically changing. When this news reaches the other Dwarven realms, I am sure that the intensity of their efforts will increase drastically.

Below is a Lovar, a Dwarven Priest of Litvargr, the god of vengeance and murder.

Signed,

• edited July 2016
    The Duergar,

The Duergar live all throughout the Beorgumende, but south of the lands controlled by the Dragons. They are similar to the Huldafolk in that their dwellings are hidden. They make their homes within the hills or within swamps. They are not very friendly and do not take likely to uninvited guests. They are known for rustling and banditry, but hold no love for humanoids. They have fought in the Shedim Wars and allied with both the Gotnar and the Ogham when it benefitted them. There is some kind of long standing feud between the Duergar and the Tinefain though. But, I do not know the particulars. Like the Tinefain, they are easy to offend and quick to anger. Many Duergar from the far north migrated south when the Dragons took the Sellevolkian Dwarf Holds. This caused a lot of strife between the Dwarves and mankind. The northern Gotnar did not offer any aid to the Dwarves and the Dwarves took what they needed without asking. The strife between the two peoples have settled down over the years since, but there is little trust between the two. The humans often refer to the Duergar as the Brownmen in reference to the leather armor that they prefer to wear. Although each clan has its own leader, it is rumored that there is a High King of the Duergar that resides in a hidden hall beneath the hills. The name of this King varies, but the most common, is the name Roarie.

Signed,

• The Wroclaw,

The Dwarven City State of Wroclaw sits on the Dwarven borders between Sellevolk and Dvr-Gamel. It is a large trading center where the Gold Road of the Dvr-Gamel and the Balsiq Road of the Sellevolk meet. The Dwarves of Wroclaw have many businesses that provide for the needs of weary travelers and provide many of the goods that are needed for the caravans such as wagons, draft horses, and more. They also own and manage a large portion of the caravans that travel these roads. Indeed, they have several trading houses located in key cities to the south.

The Wroclaw are the only Dwarves who have established trade with the Khatagin. The Khan of the lands known as the Khudaldaachin is named Sainkhun. He signed a treaty with the Wroclaw that gave his people access to the city for trade and in turn, he provides outriders for the caravans of the Wroclaw. Although Khan Sainkhun has travelled to Wroclaw, no Dwarf has yet been allowed to travel to the permanent settlement of the Khudaldaachin.

The Dwarves of Wroclaw are not led by a king, but by a Lord Mayor who is elected every ten years. The current Lord Mayor of Wroclaw is named Sawdager. All of the Dwarves of Wroclaw are part of the militia, but the standing army mostly consist of mercenaries from throughout the lands. There is one unit of mercenaries that stands out above the rest. Every one of its members is a half-elf and they answer only to the Lord Mayor. They are called the Kustierlers and their duties are only known by the Lord Mayor.

Signed,

• edited July 2016
    The Sidri,

Not much is known of the Sidri. According to legend, the Sidri live deep within the earth. This is far deeper than the Dwarves of the Sellevolk, Dvr-Gamel, or Sudri-Hanarr go when delving into the heart of a mountain. The lands of the Sidri is often referred to as Myrkheim, the Dark Realm; and, the Sidri are sometimes called the Myrkalfr, the Dark Fey. The Sidri are said to have dark colored skin, but it is not black like the Kegelapan. Their hair is grey, much like the Aginperak. The Sidri and the Kegelapan are said to be blood enemies and wage war against each other continuously for the sparse resources of Myrkheim. The capital of the Sidri is called Nidavellir. Nidavellir stands on an island where a large underground river flows through a massive cavern. The surrounding dark fields are spotted by groves of giant mushrooms. The Sidri are ruled by King Hreidmar whose throne sits in a great hall made of gold. Below, is an image of what a Sidri is supposed to look like.

Signed,

• The Gnomes of Kelleemah,

The Gnomes of Kelleemah are a race closely tied to the elements and worship the primordial gods.