So, how do I make a city with water? (City Designer)

I want to make a city that has a lake. After having made an overland map, I thought this was going to be an easy task. I finish the city wizard and flip the tools to "overland." When I click on the brushes, it gives me an error "No Matching Draw Tool." How do I make a lake? I also plan on making some cliffs and other natural features.

Comments

• My best suggestion offhand is to use the polygon drawing tools on the right hand side, particularly Smooth Poly or Fractal Poly, depending on your personal preferences. Set the Sheet and Layer both to Water/Rivers, and pick a fill style that fits your map. Once you have the lake drawn, if you're using the default sheets there should already be two effects for the Water/Rivers sheet, which are both glows. Modify the sheet to get the effect that you want, and go from there.
  • Also one of the buttons on the left hand side is "All City Drawing Tools". Click on it then use the "style" drop down menu at the top right of the pop up. Select overland CC3 or CC2pro and now you will see all the overland style of tools. Click on the one you want such as one of the "Sea" styles and it will become available and it will also add the appropriate sheet for you. As you can see any of the tool sets you have for any add-on are listed so this is a great way to add different mapping styles quickly with no fuss.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    All the City Designer styles have their own drawing tools for creating lakes, sea and rivers. Just click the "All Drawing Tools button" and scroll down to the Water* drawing tools.

Hope this helps.
  • City sheet
    lake sheet

The lake is on top of the land that way.