Map Transfers...

So I made a nice map outline using 18 x 15.5 dimensions I believe. I know that is massively colossal. Is there anyway to downsize this same map to different size dimensions and keep the same map outline? Or any other way to cut out parts of the map to put it on a new canvas with smaller dimensions?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited December 2008
    All maps in CC3 are only in map units, not real world dimensions like inches and pixels, so the size doesn't really matter. When you export or print, you can always output it to the exact dimensions you need. The best way to see the size of your map is to use the Info --> Distance tool. In an overland map, the map units represents miles, so if the number you come up with when you measure matches the desired distance, you shouldn't resize the map. Otherwise, go ahead.

Anyway, to resize the entire map, you should unfreeze (thaw) all layers, then just enter SCALE [enter] in CC3's command bar, followed by a (to select all), then d (for do it). Now enter the scale factor, and the scale center (Usually, accepting the default by just hitting enter is fine). Redraw.

To get parts of the map, all you need to do is to Edit --> Copy, then select the entities, and past them onto another map. Make sure you follow all the prompts in the command bar though. Many people forget to look for instructions there, and gets confused as to why the clipboard is always empty.
  • Thank you. Since my map is so large, I try to increase the pixels to 12000 so I can have better quality when I edit in Photoshop. However, with just the layout it self it takes a long time. But If I increases the pixels settings when I Save to 15000 CC3 crashes. Any other suggestions so CC3 wont crash when I finish the map? Anyway to just take chunks of the map to render one at a time so it doesn't crash?