Star Map - Thanks Tonnichiwa for the inspiration!

So after seeing tonnichiwa's awesome star map...i decided i'd give it a try for my world. I LOVE it. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Looks fantastic! I particularly like the colors.

If I were to search for any constructive criticism, the only thing I can really think of is that the shine on the stars overlap in places, and it makes it a small challenge to appreciate the layout.

Beyond that, though, I think you designed a beautifully rendered map. the backgrounds, colors, and the border are all wonderful. And the layouts of the constellations is believable.

Thanks for sharing!
    ~Dogtag
  • nice!!! I really like your border! I think I would like this even better if your night sky was darker... so that it could really showcase the stars! Other than that, I think it's fantastic!!!
  • Now you are making me blush :) I'm really glad my work inspired you because you did a fantastic job with this. That really is a fun and creative star map! I love it!

Is it all done in Campaign Cartographer or is there some photoshop/gimp involved ? Did you use Cosmographer 3 to make any of it or did you just use cc3+?
  • Thanks guys!! I really loved putting this together. Again, thanks for the great idea tonnichiwa, it just perfect for my campaign!!
    Posted By: tonnichiwa
    Is it all done in Campaign Cartographer or is there some photoshop/gimp involved ? Did you use Cosmographer 3 to make any of it or did you just use cc3+?
    Yes, all in CC3. I used a water bitmap from 13th Age Annual, decorative tile bitmap from a free site and the star i got online as well.