Edit/Create Symbol Tools?

Can I edit symbol tools and change their perimeters? Let's say for example I am using Mike Schley's Decid Forest Tool, but I think his perimeters and symbol selection creates too dense a forest. Can I edit/customize which symbols are used in the tool, or alter something that will change its density? If that's not possible, is there the capability for a user to create a personal tool? Forest tool, for instance, place specifically colorized contours and then populate the contours with an array of symbols. Can I make my own or edit one that already exists? It seems to me one or the other would be an option for optimal customization.

I'm using CC3+, but the answer if any should also apply to CC3.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You're looking for the 'Fill With Symbols' option from the draw menu. This is the command used with the forest drawing tools, and what it does is to fill an existing polygon with symbols. It is mainly used with forests, but can be used with any symbols. From this dialog, you can create your own settings and save them to file for later re-use.
  • Posted By: MonsenYou're looking for the 'Fill With Symbols' option from the draw menu. This is the command used with the forest drawing tools, and what it does is to fill an existing polygon with symbols. It is mainly used with forests, but can be used with any symbols. From this dialog, you can create your own settings and save them to file for later re-use.
    Oh, right. I've done this before. Menu options are a little different enough in CC3+ that I am struggling to associate what I used to do. The changes aren't polarized but they're significant. Anyhow, I just tried out your suggestion and I'm in business. Thanks so much!