Flipping Contours (Horizontally or Vertically)

Is there a way to flip a contour after it has been completed? I don't mean rotating it—I mean flipping it. Say I have a contour in the shape of an L and I want to create a mirror image without having to redraw the contour. Is that possible? I'm not seeing any menu options, but maybe there's a round about technique?

Comments

• You can use Node Edit to move the edges of it. Left hand side of CC3/CC3Plus. It does take some getting used to. At least, it did for me.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Use the mirror command (Edit -> Reshape -> Mirror)
  • edited May 2016
    Posted By: MonsenUse the mirror command (Edit -> Reshape -> Mirror)
    How does one use a "command"? I understand the concept but don't know how to make it work in CC3+. Would you mind providing an example (walkthrough)?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited May 2016
    Posted By: lazserusHow does one use a "command"?
    Like anything else in CC3(+) really. Command is just a different word for action (and in most cases means the same as tool).

1. Select Mirror from the Edit -> Reshape menu
    2. Select the entities to mirror (for example a landmass), then right click and 'Do It'
    3. Draw the mirror line. This is the line the entity will be mirrored around. To mirror horizontally, make sure that the mirror line is completely vertical (snap or ortho are your friends her)
    4. Once you place the second (and last) point of the mirror line, the entities will mirror around it. If the mirror line went through the middle of the entities, they will stay in mostly the same place, but will be mirrored, while if you drew it off to the side, the entire entity will end up on the opposite side of the mirror line from where it started.
  • Oh, man, there was a menu option. Thank you dearly, Monsen!