City Designer 3 Says I Have Negative Hard Drive Space.

There's not really a better way to show what I'm talking about than this:

Photobucket

I currently have over 420 GB free on my hard drive. I've already re-downloaded the installation file for City Designer 3 and this has happened both time, as well as prior to my re-installation of CC3 and its associated add-ons. Is there a specific fix for this that I should be aware of? Or should I just keep rolling the dice until it works?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Does it allow you to continue the installation? If so, I don't think the fact that it reports incorrect available disk space will have any impact on the program at all. It's not an uncommen problem with various installers when they encounter large drives.
  • It allows me to continue, but once it gets to the point of actual installation, it fails, giving me several errors. After hitting my head against it several times, it finally occurred to me to actually read the screen for ideas. I think what it's attempting to install may be key: if I upgrade CC3 to 3.24, it may not bother with the update to 3.22, which might in turn fix the problem.

Hmm. Patch 7 says CC3 could not be found. I seem to be in more trouble than I thought.
  • Rebooted and redownloaded Patch 7, which installed flawlessly this time. On to CD3.
  • Yes- upgrading to Patch 7 manually bypassed the need to upgrade CC3 to 3.22 via the included Patch 6, which meant it moved right along to installing City Designer 3, with the correct HD space. And it got past the 'computing space requirements' part, where it previously began spitting up error messages. It appears to be fixed. Of a sort.