CA3: Heroes of Drakkenhall

RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
With CA3 now being available for CC3+, I've been playing around with it again. And while I - as most others I am sure - would LOVE more artwork available, I ind that you can create a great variety out of the box, especially if you have a campaign in a "classic" fantasy settings.

Here's a group shot of our local 13th Age campaign. Only two members are missing, because I couldn't do them in CA3: the Dragonborn ranger's companion, a giant lizard, and the Construct Fighter who joined the group last. Click the image for a larger version.

Comments

• This is really cool Ralf! CA is one thing that I haven't played with much but this has inspired me. I think my players will enjoy a portrait of their characters.
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    I particularly like the gnome entertainer Wegerich. What kind of Wegerich, I wonder, Breitwegerich? Na. No way. Spitzwegerich? That would fit, all right.

Nix für Ungut. Schönes Wochenende!

Mark
  • GatharGathar Traveler
    I'm quite impressed with what you achieved. How did you do the flame on the scimitar?
  • I am getting CA3 once payday hits! Awesome!
  • 25 days later
  • Ralf,

I have to ask....how did you get your characters all on one "map"? I tried to change to width, but when i did it automatically changed the height as well.....I love this and would like to do one for the races in the "regions" of my world.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Once they were done individually, I copied all the pieces of each character to one sheet (FIGURE GLOW) in their own drawing. I then hid everything but that sheet and copied it via the clipboard to the new drawing (where I had deleted all sheets). In the new drawing I renamed the sheet in question, so that each character would get his/her own sheet. The only exception are the magic effects, which got their own sheets, because they shouldn't get the back glow outline.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I haven't got CA3 yet. Are there any perspective shadow effects that would make the characters cast realistic shadows on the ground? Also, are there any alternative backgrounds?

Nearly half of my characters have bi-coloured skin, but are human (some of the time). Is it as easy to create new bits and pieces or hand paint onto the body as it would be in CC3+?

Here is what I mean. This image took me weeks to create and is only an 'eye shot'. I'm no good at drawing people, so had to steal and merge the facial parts from two different models (real photos of real humans) to get half a face that I then mirrored. I gave up after that because it was only coincidence that I found two faces I could really merge that way, and I was a bit worried about what people would think of me stealing the images of real people online and treating them this way.
  • edited June 2016
    I suppose you could add the shadow effect to all the body part to create a "full shadow", but i haven't thought to try that. You can, however use any background you want, just like any other bitmap fill :) I changed the background on several of my clerics and just used the transparency and glow effects. Or place any image in the background....See below
    Cool :-)

And would it be possible to copy a face from the symbol set and paint it with bi colour skin in an image editor to make it look a bit like the facial markings in the image I showed you?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The faces are regular png images, just like all CC3's raster symbols, so you can easily edit them in an image editor.
    Excellent news. Now I'm in the queue immediately behind CharlesWayneRobinson :-)