Two Perspectives Questions

The last page of the Essential Guide tells us:

1. "The Essentials covers most of what you need to know to use Perspectives 3. Other topics covered in the Help and in the full manual include ..."

I assume that the full manual is not yet available?

2. The menu selections Perspectives/Symbol Settings/Cartouches opens a blank.

I assume that the Perspectives cartouches are not yet available or that this is an erroneous menu item and they never will be available?

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    1. Actually there will be no separate Per3 manual. I've removed that piece of text from the guide.
    2. The vector catalogs have a cartouche setting. For the moment, I've fixed the menu to load that catalog for the bitmap styles too.
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    Thanks. Alles klar.
  • Posted By: Ralf1. Actually there will be no separate Per3 manual. I've removed that piece of text from the guide.
    2. The vector catalogs have a cartouche setting. For the moment, I've fixed the menu to load that catalog for the bitmap styles too.
    So does this mean a lot of the things in the Perspectives Pro book and the Tome of Ultimate Mapping still apply even though we are now using Perspectives 3 instead of Perspectives Pro? And do you plan to eventually update the Perspectives tutorial in the Source Maps Castles supplement to show how to build a small village or even maybe a city?
    Just curious.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: tonnichiwaSo does this mean a lot of the things in the Perspectives Pro book and the Tome of Ultimate Mapping still apply even though we are now using Perspectives 3 instead of Perspectives Pro?
    Yes. Most things in Per3 work as they did in Per Pro. The Tome will be updated to include new Per 3 functionality though.
    Posted By: tonnichiwaAnd do you plan to eventually update the Perspectives tutorial in the Source Maps Castles supplement to show how to build a small village or even maybe a city?
    You'll find that tutorial in the Source Maps: Cities product.
  • by the way, is the Tome going to be updated to work with cc3+?
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    Posted By: LadieStormby the way, is the Tome going to be updated to work with cc3+?
    Yes.