Perspectives - Stumbling Block

I finally have some time to evaluate Perspectives 3, but on Page 4 of the Essentials Guide, I'm already hitting a stumbling stone. The graphic to the left below shows what the Essentials Guide says I should see with the setting P3B Wood Wall, Pine Floor. The graphic to the right shows me what two of my computers show instead.

Seeing that this difference hasn't been brought up here before, I assume that not everyone is getting this result. I can come up with a list of reasons what may be responsible:

1. I did something wrong.
2. There's something wrong with my PER 3 installations.
3. There's something wrong with my CC3+ installations.
4. The Essentials Guide screen shot is wrong.
5. Something not listed here.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• I haven't had that happen yet. Hopefully I don't. But I'm curious if you would get the same effect if you were in one of the other styles besides Herman Weilink?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited May 2016
    This is just a case of missing fill styles in the template. (Which is expected, and not a bug)

The P3B settings use the Wielink fills, and only work when that template is in use. I guess this is an oversight in the essentials guide, since it tells you to basically just pick the style you prefer.
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    Posted By: MonsenThe P3B settings use the Wielink fills, and only work when that template is in use. I guess this is an oversight in the essentials guide, since it tells you to basically just pick the style you prefer.
    Thanks. That cleared things up.
    Posted By: tonnichiwaI'm curious if you would get the same effect if you were in one of the other styles besides Herman Weilink?
    As Remy pointed out, one has to be using a Wielink template to get the shown result. I was using Perspectives Bitmap A, which produced the result seen above. I have the impression that the P3A styles are designed for Perspective Bitmap A maps and the P3B styles are for Perspectives Wielink maps, although I haven't seen the place where that's explained yet.
    edited May 2016
    Posted By: VintyriI have the impression that the P3A styles are designed for Perspective Bitmap A maps and the P3B styles are for Perspectives Wielink maps
    Yes, that is correct. You see this with drawing tools and such as well for all styles, but it is more visible here since the perspective settings box doesn't filter on style.
    edited May 2016
    Here's the next one.

We're on Page 15 of the Perspectives Essentials again.

I've tried repeating all of the steps nine times now.

Up to step 9, everything works as described.

At Step 9 ... "Click a point on the grid to place your basic floor plan." ...

Nothing at all happens except that the command prompt [IPROJ] reappears.

The same thing occurs when doing the exercise "Making a Map from an Existing Plan View" on the following pages.
    Posted By: VintyriNothing at all happens except that the command prompt [IPROJ] reappears.
    After trying this unsuccessfully a couple of times, I believe there must be a bug with Per 3. This works perfectly fine in Per Pro.
    I did some further testing, and I was able to use the command successfully on polygons drawn using the basic drawing tools (the ones on the right hand side) and setting properties manually, but it didn't work on those drawn using CC3+'s drawing tools (like the guide tells you to use). Could you try drawing with the basic POLYGON tool instead and see if this holds true for you as well.
  • edited May 2016
    I used both the perspectives floor drawing tool and the the basic drawing tools on the right, and it certainly created a projected floorplan. However, it did not delete the original as shown below.
    Posted By: Monsen Could you try drawing with the basic POLYGON tool instead and see if this holds true for you as well.
    Works fine. As Shessar mentioned, the original polygon had to be erased manually, but that's no problem.

However, that doesn't help with the next exercise on Page 15, "Converting DD3 Floorplans." Because the file mentioned, Dungeon.fcw, doesn't exist, or at least not on my installations, I used Tutorial8.fcw from the DD3 tutorials. With this dungeon as a base, nothing happens except that the [IPROJ] command prompt appears.
    No, it was more a step to try to hunt down the problem rather than a true workaround. It is supposed to work on all kinds of polygons, so that dungeon floorplan should also work correctly. ProFantasy is on the problem now though, so it should be fixed for the release of Per 3.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    A thing to test with this problem:

Save and reload the map with the polygon (don't restart CC3+). Does IPROJ work afterwards?
    Yes, seems to work fine.
    Saving, closing and reloading seems also to work in the following exercise, "Converting DD3 Floorplans."