Herwin Wielink first try

Just installed the new CC3+ patch and tried the Herwin Wielink Overland Style.
Really great one, I'll certainly use it frequently.

Comments

• DkarrDkarr Traveler
    Really like it. Well done.
  • I really like this!!! I especially like your map border!!! Is that the style? or did you create that yourself? and if you did... how?!?
  • ArgoForgArgoForg Newcomer
    Very nice! I really like the forest effects here-- it brings out the trees really nicely! Is this using the standard effects, or did you add texturizing or the like? Great work!
  • Thanks!

LadieStorm, I did the border in Photoshop, but it's not that hard in CC3 either. I used a fill style from Symbol Ste 2A for Dungeon Designer 3. Since that is not pre-available in CC3, you have to import it via the tools -> import fill style menu (step #1 in the picture below). Then you draw a polygon in the form you like (step #2). Use the Change properties tool to select the desired fill style In step #3 ... I used the Floorboards Oak fillstyle from SS2A -> see picture-part #4.
    If you want to apply special effects (like a bevel/emboss, for example), put the polygon on a separate sheet (I named it "frame", as you can see in picture-part #3) and assign to it the desired effects (not pictured). Voilà. In Photoshop, I used a bevel/emboss effect as well as a black outer glow. The same procedure, with different shapes and effect settings, can then be repeated for the nails.

ArgoForg, the forest effects were also made with Photoshop. There I created a duplicate of the forest layer (care: layers in photoshop are what's called sheets in CC3) above the original one, set it to the "soft light" blending mode and used the "clouds" render filter on the layer mask. This layer I also duplicated to strengthen the contrast even more. Regrettably, I don't know how to duplicate this effect in CC3.
  • 14 days later