CC3+ Crashing when not in focus.

This is a bit weird. Using CC3+ Version 3.7 CAD version 6.20.9 10th April 2016 or 10/4/16 (we is British)

I use a two screen system CC3+ is on my left primary screen, Chrome is on my right secondary screen

CC3+ is open and so is Chrome, need to reference some stuff.

Chrome is in Focus, but move mouse over the top of CC3+ and absent mindedly use the scroll wheel. Result CC3+ crashes?????

Why? it is not in focus, I should need to click on the window to bring it to focus.

I suspect a bug.

Comments

• Are you sure about CAD version?

Anyway, I've done the same. Several times. No crashes. Have you tried to switch Chrome and CC3+ (move browser to the primary screen and CC to the secondary) and other simple/common things?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: WookieeChrome is in Focus, but move mouse over the top of CC3+ and absent mindedly use the scroll wheel. Result CC3+ crashes?????

Why? it is not in focus, I should need to click on the window to bring it to focus.
    I don't know why this would make CC3+ crash, but do you have your mouse driver configured to scroll the window below the mouse pointer instead of the active window. I know many mouse drivers have this options, allows you to scroll a window without activating it first. Maybe disabling this feature if it is on is an acceptable workaround.
  • edited May 2016
    This is a known issue. I went to the FastCad site a number of months ago and found a fix for it and posted it in a similar thread back then. Sadly, my memory fails me, but the required windows settings to fix it are in a thread on these forums. If I can find it I'll post the link.

EDIT: Well that was easier to find than I thought it would be:

http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=5578
  • 17 days later
  • Thanks OldGuy appreciate your efforts and this has resolved the issue.
  • Posted By: kilma.ard.venomAre you sure about CAD version?

Anyway, I've done the same. Several times. No crashes. Have you tried to switch Chrome and CC3+ (move browser to the primary screen and CC to the secondary) and other simple/common things?
    As positive as I can be having read the help about screen that I referenced before typing the information, but thank you for your interest.

It is a known bug as has been confirmed by our helpful OldGuy, it is a known bug in the FastCad software.