Printing issues

Hi all

Just completed my first map that is to be used as a prototype for a boardgame. I am trying to print it unto 3x3 A4 sheets, and think I have managed to set it up properly in the print wizard. But no matter what I do, by sheet 2 or 3 it will start having vertical lines without color and more and more miss-colorations.
I thought it was the ink, so I refilled them all. Same issue.

After that I read that some printers might not have enough memory to print large maps, so I was trying to use the wizard to not always print the same sheet first, but I could not get that feature to work and there was a fair amount of crashes while trying to print.

I couldn't find anything in the help section that directly relates to this.

Anyone has any ideas?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Could you try printing to a PDF file instead of a printer to see if the problems manifests themselves there.

Windows 10 has a built-in virtual PDF printer, there should be free ones available on the net if you don't have one.
  • Yeah, I did that. It creates all 9 pages in a combined file, which looks fine virtually. But when I try to print it, the same thing happens. 1-2 pages come out fine, then vertical lines and colour errors on the following pages.

I also tried using PosterRazor, but the file created there reduced the resolution to a point where the map wasnt readable.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    So, if all pages in the PDF looks fine, it seems to indicate that the error is not related to CC3 printing, but rather with your printer or printer driver. Especially the fact that printing the pdf causes the same issues seems to confirm this.

Updating your printer driver might help. If it was a laser printer, the amount of memory in the printer might be an issue, but since you are talking about ink, I assume it is not.
    You may also try another printer. Since the pdf came out fine, you can easily bring this file to another computer for printing if needed, without installing CC3 there.
  • Actually, I just realised it isnt a PDF. It is an XPS file that I could print to from within CC3.
    I'll try and take it to another printer and see if it prints fine there.
    Thanks so far!