Help! Trouble with erasing

I'm pretty new, I've only watched the video tutorials and read up some, but I'm having some serious trouble. I drew some mountains with the land tool (Terrain Default, Mountain Light) and now I can't delete them without deleting the entire island they are on. I can't seem to select only the mountains. Also, they are on the same sheet, so hiding sheets didn't work. How do I delete this mountain region?

Comments

• Try and zoom in closer, it may help with selecting the mountains.
    That works for me.
  • Do a 'list' on them.

That will give you a list of things, and in the list for each item, will be a tag number.

You can delete by tag number.

Once you find out the tag number for the item you want to delete, click on tne pencil eraser left side. Then move the mousep ointer to the map. Right click. Move the mouse pointer down until the More is highlighted and select tag #.

Then type the tag number of the item to be deleted.

Press the enter key. It wil lsay '1 item[s] selected on CC3's command line.
    Right click and select 'Do it' from the menu, that one item is deleted.

If you get the wrong item, go to the Edit menu and select Undo.
  • Ahh, I got it, thank you for your help :)
  • You can also select by type: Select all (including the land mass), right-click to get the select box -- pick "Combine And (both)" entity type = Symbol reference. If colors or fills, or almost anything else is different, you can use that to differentiate between what you want and what you don't want.

I think that getting comfortable with the selection process is one of the key things that moves new users into productive mappers. There are a set of techniques here that really help mapping.

Steve