CC3+ and DD3 glitches in SS2 cobblestone floor drawing

Hi,

I am still a newbie at CC3, so does anyone have any ideas why my map floor has these glitches when exporting to jpeg or rendering the map

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Those are weird. You might want to post your FCW file so we can take a look at the source.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    I think I found the problem but I'm afraid I don't know how to fix it.

A quick look shows me that the fill isn't tiling correctly. There is a small gap in parts of the tiling. The Edge Fade Inner effect on the floors sheet produces the weird "glow" like effect around the gaps in the fill tiling.

Maybe someone smarter than I can confirm that and then actually offer a solution?

Sorry I can't be more help,
    ~Dogtag
  • DkarrDkarr Traveler
    edited April 2016
    Yes indeed, the Cobbles_VH.png file has certain areas that are transparent, that should not be. There is a long line across the bottom left hand part of the tile that is transparent, and there are some other "dots" on the tile that also seem to be transparent. I can't verify them all since I'm not on a computer with photo editing capabilities. These trasparent areas are interacting weirdly with the sheet effect you have applied.

As a temporary fix you might want to place a solid color polygon underneath the cobbled polygon on the floors sheet, color 128 seems to be a close enough match to not be too jarring. That might alleviate the issue a bit, but won't fix it totally.

To fix it permanently you would have to modify the PNG and correct the transparent areas.
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Traveler
    edited April 2016
    I can confirm that problem is what Dkarr says it is a problem with the Cobbles_VH.png.

I opened the both the CC3 & CC3+ versions of that png from Symbol Set 2 in am image editor added a layer bellow it of a very different color that would easily be seen in any transparency or missing gaps were on the png.

The bright pink line at the bottom left shows the parts of the png that is messed up.

I've attached a screen caption of the tile opened in an image editor after I checked using the method and you can see the area with the transparency problem is clearly. The pink line shows the glitch spot.

It is only the line at the very bottom left of the tile.

Hopefully, Ralf or someone can post a fixed version of the png. I didn't check if the other sized pngs of the Cobbles are messed up.
  • Thanks everyone for the comments, so it was nothing I did which is good news for me. I've got to use the map tonight in my game, so players are going to have to deal with "there is NOTHING there" excuse :-)

I look forward to a permanent fix.

Thanks again
  • seycyrusseycyrus Traveler
    I noticed this glitch on a map I made some time ago, but just attributed it some mistake on my part. Thanks for raising the issue!

In my case, it was not so glaring since the color that was showing through matched the rest of my map. I'd suggest that you change your background color from grey to something that might match the tone of your dungeon better. Maybe something lichen green?
    Here you go! Unzip these over Bitmaps/Tiles/Dungeon/SS2/Bitmap A/ and overwrite your existing PNGs.

I'll also be incorporating this fix into the update and setups.
  • Ralf, there are still transparent pixels that show themselves when an edge fade inner effect is applied.
  • Posted By: RalfHere you go!Unzip these over Bitmaps/Tiles/Dungeon/SS2/Bitmap A/ and overwrite your existing PNGs.

I'll also be incorporating this fix into the update and setups.
    Thank you Ralf, my map looks great now.

And if like me you have a a little trouble finding it - it was here on my machine "C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Bitmaps\Tiles\Dungeon\SS2\Bitmap A"
    @Shessar: Please try again with the just updated download. It definitely shouldn't have any transparent pixels now.
  • Ralf, unfortunately, I am getting the same results.

I even deleted the old pngs first, then extracted the new ones from your above post into C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Bitmaps\Tiles\Dungeon\SS2\Bitmap A

I've confirmed that I am using the correct bitmap fill. Yet I still get the same results as I did before.

I thought Windows10 had solved all of m graphical demons, but perhaps not. Sigh.
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    edited April 2016
    Grasping at straws here, but one thing that might help: replace the file in question, then start CC3 by clicking directly on the program icon in Program Files rather than any shortcut that you may have on your desktop or Start menu. Clicking on a shortcut made by an installer may cause the installer to do a quick check on the installed files, reverting them to the "correct" version. If the installer didn't install that exact version of a file, must have been malware that did, right? This usually happens with .exe and .dll files, but may happen with others, depending on how aggressive your install program is about self-protection.

There does still seem to be a partial row of transparent pixels near the bottom of the Cobbles_VH.PNG file from the updated zip. This transparent set of pixels propagates down to the smaller files (that's the horizontal bar) in the drawing. The individual pixels spots aren't in the PNG files and are most likely duplication of background and texture fill color making CC3+ see them as transparent when it compares the previous sheet rendering with the current one. Inserting a medium gray polygon under the cobble fill would work as mitigation for both problems.
  • Posted By: jslayton
    There does still seem to be a partial row of transparent pixels near the bottom of the Cobbles_VH.PNG file from the updated zip. This transparent set of pixels propagates down to the smaller files (that's the horizontal bar) in the drawing. The individual pixels spots aren't in the PNG files and are most likely duplication of background and texture fill color making CC3+ see them as transparent when it compares the previous sheet rendering with the current one. Inserting a medium gray polygon under the cobble fill would work as mitigation for both problems.
    @jslayton, Thank you! You helped me get this figured. There is indeed still a row of transparent pixels at the bottom. Also, the other white splotches were because of the same colored pixels on top of each other. I should have known to check this. When bluedreamer said that his problem was solved but I was still seeing lines and spots, I was a bit confused. :)
    I can conform the transparency lines is still at the left bottom I just checked the versions in the zip in an image editor.

I've attached a copy of screen shoot of a blow up after I added a layer under the VH one of a color to see if it had any glitch on it.
    and the line still exists. as you can see in the blue line.
  • Interesting I have both versions of the zip file, the 1st one that Ralf posted fixes my issue, the 2nd one it does not.
    Can you post the older version of the zip. I just have newer version and not the first one. I want to check the older zip version.
    Posted By: bluedreamerInteresting I have both versions of the zip file, the 1st one that Ralf posted fixes my issue, the 2nd one it does not.
  • edited April 2016
    Posted By: Jay_NOLACan you post the older version of the zip. I just have newer version and not the first one. I want to check the older zip version.
    I can't post the zip it exceeds the max size of 1.95mb - by 0.05Mb

Here is the main hires one
    @Bluedreamer,

I don't see the bottom line on that version.

I checked it in a image editor. No line on that version.

@Ralf, can you post the old zip fix as that version looks like it fixed the bug and newer updated zip has the line in the pngs. Plus a lot of us don't have the old zip with the fix.
    Hm, not sure what went wrong there - I must have grabbed the wrong PNGs to zip up. Let's try again:
    http://aws.profantasy.com/updates/SS2ACobbles.zip