CC3 + Questions

Hey guys, long time no see. I have a few questions about those who have switched to CC3+. I know it has a new default symbol catalog which seems okay. However, I still really like using the vegetation and structures from the original CC3 default symbol set. Is there a way to also incorporate or load in the old CC3 default symbol catalog? This question will literally make or break it for me if I would need to upgrade. Also are all of the annual's symbol and textures capable with CC3+? Does CC3+ fix the "white screen of death" that most users had with CC3? As well as any lag times when working with larger scale maps? Does CC3+ run more smoothly on your computer and less buggy? Cool thanks for your answers :)

Comments

• Profantasy is fixing the Annuals so they work with CC3+. Along with all Symbol Sets. CC3+ is also faster.
  • Thanks for your response Jim. I guess I will wait until that is fixed. I use Herwin's Wielink's annual all the time. Still the best overland IMO. Any ETA when you think they will be able to fix the annuals to work with CC3+?
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited April 2016
    The latest update for CC3+ (Update 4, to ver. 3.70) includes the Herwin Wielink overland styles (both CA64 and CA71)!!! How awesome is that?!

CC3+ is more stable than CC3 and it's much, much faster. You can even work with effects turned on with almost no noticeable difference. They apparently did some code refactoring. CC3+ comes with the CC3 built-in symbol catalogues and styles, including the bitmap, hex, vector, vector black & white, and CC2 Pro catalogues.

DD3, CD3, and all the Symbol Sets (SS1, SS2, SS3 and SS4) are available in CC3+ compatible versions. The 2015 Annual (minus the June issue) and all of the 2016 Annual (to date) are also available for CC3+ (actually, this year's Annual is only available for CC3+). But, as Jim said, all the other Annuals, as well as Character Artist 3, Cosmographer 3, and Dioramas are all still waiting to become compatible.

I don't know if they're making Perspectives Pro compatible but I doubt it. Perspectives 3 (a whole new version) is CC3+ compatible only, and it's probably close to being released. I don't know for sure since I'm not PF, but I think Ralf said he was originally hoping to have it ready fairly early in 2016.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • Posted By: DogtagThe latest update for CC3+ (Update 4, to ver. 3.70) includes the Herwin Wielink overland styles (bothCA64andCA71)!!! How awesome is that?!
    Are you sure? I haven't found them in my cc3+ program. I only have the one for cc3.
    edited April 2016
    Yeah, sorry. I meant Update 4a. If you downloaded and installed 4 already, go back to your download page and get 4a.
  • Thanks for the information! Now all they need is to include the Satellite, 13th Age, Jonathon Roberts Overland and the default CC3 symbol catalog and I will be ready to go :). I use most of those annuals for textures and some symbols!
    I believe ProFantasy has stated they are planning to eventually convert all the annuals to be compatible with CC3+.
  • Posted By: DogtagI believe ProFantasy has stated they are planning to eventually convert all the annuals to be compatible with CC3+.
    Yes, which is one reason the release of the Wielink style was such a pleasant surprise. :)