Villages, villages, villages....

So as usual, after last night's D&D session, i was allllll jacked up on coffee. I usually get up for work at 4am, so staying up past 10pm requires LOTS of caffeine. Our sessions have to end by 11p because my buddy has work at 1130p - we work in medicine - horrible hours. Anyway, once again i found myself over-caffeinated last night and re-worked up this old map with all the new techniques i've been learning. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. You should have seen the first one!!!

So this particular region where my players have been exploring has many small villages and hamlets scattered throughout the region, as this is known as the Pilgrim's Province. Essentially, Vane is a land where ALL Gods and Goddesses of Light and Dark are worshipped openly without retribution, as long as they don't violate or are rather are caught violating The Four Crimes (Murder, Rape (eeek, sorry), Racism (all races are welcome and encouraged in Vane), and Thievery. So, in this Pilgrim's Province, every hamlet, village, town, and city houses one or more of the temples of the Gods, rather than in just the larger towns and cities in other provinces. This brings many citizens of Vane where few temples exist except in far off large cities, to visit, or go on a pilgrimage in honor of their chosen gods or goddesses. Thus, allowing the region to be "overpopulated" with villages, as they make their living on tourism, so to speak, lol.

I give you...Ambary, a village not on any main road in the province, but is still visited often, not just for the temple of the Goddess of Creation, Luxxe, but for the famed apothecary, Astra Zeneca ;) Some of the villagers earn a living collecting herbs in the Ambary Woodlands for Astra. Others are mostly chicken farmers or ranchers.

Comments