CC3 Volcanic and Arctic Terrain

I just started using the program and looked at the tutorial videos... I am wondering how to best can a terrain or contour effect of snow and volcanic wastelands (darker, kinda mordor terrain)

Under the terrain mapping I don't really find anything that's white enough for snow or dark enough for volcanic.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    If the program doesn't have what you need, you can create your own drawing tools.

First, create a new fill style by clicking on the FS: indicator in the top left, and hit the Bitmap Files tab. Hit New to create a new fill style, give it a meaningful name, then use Find to browse for a bitmap file wit appropriate fill. If the ones that comes with CC3 doesn't suit your needs, you can usually find lots of good stuff on the net.

Then you need to create a drawing tool to use the new fill style.
    Open the list of drawing tools, then just hit the Advanced >> button in the tools dialog, select a tool to use as a starting point, hit New to create a copy of this tool under a new name. Hit Properties, and then under Use fill style, select the new fill style you made.