Second Post! New Problem!

So...I have gotten to the point where I want to add some text to my map. Following the instructions in the manual, I have tried to add some "text on a curve". Everything comes out all right till the very end. I have the "remove Guide line" box check off, but the guidelines keep showing up. The only difference is that they now are white!

What did I do now.......? ;)

T-68

Comments

• DkarrDkarr Traveler
    If you click the redraw button do you still see the guideline? Usually when a path turns white it's because it has been deleted but there has been no redraw.
  • Redrew everything, curved line, went to draw on curve, selected the line, added the text, checked the box, hit ok.
    Text showed up...again with the white line through it.
    Hit redraw, everything I just did disappeared (text and line)!

T-68
  • edited April 2016
    It could be a sheet effect.
    Is the sheet for what you are drawing on listed above the "Text" sheet.
    Sheet order is real important and if they are not in the right order, what you have just done will disappear underneath the sheet you placed it on.
  • As an example, If I am on say the FLOORS sheet, and I add text to it (Something like, Secret Hatch, but instead of being on the TEXT sheet, I am on the BACKGROUND sheet instead, the letters will disappear once I hit "Redraw".
    I am not at home so I had to grab a graphic off of the internet. That is something that I have done before, I would be working on mountains and I would decide that a lake would be good here, and then changed the sheet and layer setting to put a lake down, and go right back to building mountain ranges without changing the sheet and layer setting back. Very frustrating. LoL! ;-)

Hope this helps.
  • edited April 2016
    CharlesWayneRobinson....if that were so, then wouldn't my other non-curved text disappear as well?
  • DkarrDkarr Traveler
    I have to agree with CWR that it seems like your curved text is being placed on a "lower" sheet so it is disappearing by having a "higher" sheet obscure it. You could try the following.

Hide sheets one at a time until you find your curved text. Then do a move to sheet selecting your curved text, and move it to the same sheet as the rest of your text.
  • I am not sure. trespa68. It is one of the things that is hard to troubleshoot through a site like this. I cannot see what your settings are for your other text items v.s. what you are trying to do now. It could be several things at this point. :-)
  • Where do I find the drawing sheets and effects box......when I get home later I'll try a take a look at that?

And thanks for trying to help me out guys!

T-68
  • edited April 2016
    The red arrow points to your Sheets & Effects box: