First Post! HELP!

Hello all...I am new here and just started using CC3+, so if I posted this in the wrong category, please forgive me.

I was working on a new world map and have about 3/4 of it done, now all of a sudden I can not add in any terrains or symbols where I wish to! Instead, all the symbols and points all go to (seemingly) random points on my map. So now I can not finish the map and really do not want to start over!

I may be stating my problem very simplistically, but I am not really a graphics program person. If someone could help by asking me leading questions then I am more then happy to oblige!

Thanks in advance...

T-68

Comments

• Look in the lower left of your map for a button labelled 'Snap'. Click on it so it is no longer depressed, then you can place symbols where ever you want to.
  • Wow.....don't I feel dumb!

One little click and the problem is solved.......thanks Jim P.

I have a feeling I'll be visiting here a lot!

T-68
  • Sorry, lower right side of CC3.
  • First may I say welcome!!! I'm another somewhat newbie here, so don't feel you're alone!

Second, if you have easy internet access, may I suggest you check out Joe Sweeny's cc3 tutorials? Even though you have cc3+, like I do, his tutorials will definitely help get you started. Your interface will look slightly different from his, but all of the bells and whistles will be in the same relative place.

Third, the people here on these forums are a great bunch, and very knowledgeable. When you get stuck, and I get stuck a LOT, they are very Willing to help. Most times they will tell you how to fix your issue. Sometimes, if it's too involved for the forum, they will tell you exactly where to find your answer.

Fourth, it's a great idea to take a bit and work through the tutorials in the manuals you received. They will help you get used to the way cc3+ works(I'm still doing that myself). You may also find that using the manuals as a walkthrough, they will answer most of your questions. :)

Fifth, please check out the show and tell area, and be sure to post what you're working g on as well! It's a great place for inspiration, helpful tips( you can see what others are doing, and they are really good at explaining how they did something if you ask), and if you post your work you can get help if your stuck.

Last, Monsen has a sticky post here in the forums that I highly recommend you look at! There are links to resources, tutorials, all kinds of things.

Sorry, I've probably overwhelmed you with all of this! But you can bookmark this post and come back to as you need more information. I hope I've helped in some way, and didn't scare you off!

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the maps you make!
  • Oh! I forgot to mention, Joe Sweeneys video tutorials are on YouTube. You can follow the link under the community tutorials tab, if I remember correctly.
  • edited April 2016
    Hehe, I had that same "wtf are my symbols doing"-Snap issue when I first started aswell :)

Maybe there should be an option (enabled by default) to always show the grid when Snap is enabled. That way, new users on a fresh CC3 install would actually see their symbols snapping on grid points and it would help understand the source of the problem.
  • Thanks for the list LadieStorm....I have watched the youtube vids....but I am slow on the uptake sometimes!

T-68
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Traveler
    Just a quick addition about Joe Sweeny's videos you can download better resolution versions of most of the ones he has on YouTube

Some of the downloadable ones are on the Tutorial page at:

https://secure.profantasy.com/community/user_tutorials.asp

(Note it easy easy to miss all the download links for the different ones on that page if you just skim the page.)

Some others were made for specific Annuals he worked for and you can download a zip of them on the webpage preview for that Annual issue. (Do note that some are broken up into multiple zips.) You don't need to own the annual.

You can use YTD or another program to download the others that are on YouTube.

Having the downloaded ones is helpful as you can put them on a disk or flash drive and watch them on a separate TV or DVD player while you do them on your computer.