2008 Annual

HI,

First post and with a question.

Will Profantasy be thinking of maybe selling the months issues from the 2008 Annual as seperate's ?
Just thinking as while I will be subscribing to next years issue there are a few months from the 2008 & 2007 Annuals that I would be interested in buying.

Thanks for your help,

Roger Calver.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    So far, they haven't hinted at any intention of doing so. I know this has been requested before, so I am sure they are/have considered it. I am sure Ralf or Simon will give you an answer here over the weekend if there are any updates regarding this.

IMHO it is well worth buying the entire annuals though. Lots of good material there.
  • Thanks, I may just end up get the 2008 one anyway but I thought I would ask.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I'm sorry, we won't be selling individual issues of the Annual. You can always purchase the collected issues of previous years, and even if you're not interested in all of the issues, it should be a worthwhile purchase. Don't discount the fact, that even if you won't be creating a specific kind of map, the techniques you can learn from it can always be used in other maps.
  • Thanks, looks like I will get it anyway.
  • Hi Ralf,

Quick question. What happens when next years Annual comes out. Currently I can log onto the Annual 2008 site and download each of the months as needed. Will existing Annual customers be getting a license to download Annual 2008 as one big download, as per the Annual 2007 product? If not, can we access the Annual 2008 downloads if needed in the future? Sorry if this as been asked before, but I'm relatively new to the annual products, and I don't want to lose them :).
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited December 2008
    No problem, Raven. Yes, transitioning from 2008 to 2009 will work the same way as from 2007 to 2008. You'll get a link to the 2008 full download, plus a serial number on your order page, while the individual downloads on the 2008 page get taken down. So you'll always be able to re-download the product.

If you'd rather have them available in little chunks, I recommend archiving the individual issues somewhere.
  • I brought it today and so far Ive only used the planet system maps from the October issue.
    Very nice and they will be a lot of use.