Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorkarskin
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2008

So I was watching the demo videos as a basic introduction to using this program, and there's a really nice feature called edge fade inner or something that makes the terrain look a lot nicer. The only thing is it seems to be missing from the sheet effects. It's the only option that isn't there, and personally I think it's the most important one. Any help would be appreciated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2008

Have you made sure you have upgraded to the latest version (currently 3.24)? If not, try grabbing the latest patch from your registration page and install it.
    Edge Fade, Inner is definitely supposed to be on the filter list.
    • CommentAuthorkarskin
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2008

I have no idea, it was on my friend's old laptop and I looked it up. I don't have a registration code, and he's in the army now. Isn't there a mirrored download somewhere?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

No. You have to be a registred user to get to download the patch.

You might want to contact ProFantasy directly, they might have a way for you to get the patch if you explain the situation.
    • CommentAuthorkarskin

They said my friend has to contact them, or else I have to uninstall the program. Guess I'll just continue without the feature
    its pretty simple to get these effects duplicated. since i lost my reg code, i cant update :(

anyway, to mimic the effects for the edge fade inner, i would reccomened using the transparency and blur options on edge contours. with the right combination you can make the contours look like they have on the tutorials.

KS.