items vanish

I have notice and I cannot figure out why, but in CC3 I draw a map, then I start playing symbol furniture/item's and if I zoom out or redraw they vanish. If I remove the map piece I find them. I have tried to bring to front, push behind nothing works. Any idea on what I need to do to fix this?

I have checked layers, and cannot fix through layers

It does not matter what I place, it vanishes. I can draw a line, a circle, place an object and have it vanish when I refeshed, or zoomed, or moved. If I go to delete the item, it shows up and I can delete it, it just will not show. On an oddity to this, I had this happen many times, closed CC3 and even CC3+ and reopened, drew something,m had it show, saved, drew something else to have it vanish.

I am no expert and very much a noob who has been playing with CC since 2, so i admit, I am a hack at doing things wishing she was better

Comments

• DkarrDkarr Traveler
    This sounds like your sheets are organized in a way where something is blocking the view. If you are coming to CC3 & CC3+ from CC2, or better yet, if you want to get a good understanding of the software to get better at it, I would highly recommend going through the tutorials with the software.

Open the software and go to help and select Quickstart Guide. You will notice that a lot of the concepts are the same from CC2 but sheets is entirely new concept introduced in CC3. You can also find more info on the sheets section of the User's Manual.
  • Go to sheets and move the symbols sheet so it is below land and sea sheets.

It sounds like you have this:

symbols
    sea
    land

you need this:

sea
    land
    symbols

The top sheet in the list is drawn first. The bottom of the list os drawn last.
  • I went into sheets and Common is what is top. Sea, and Land do not show up as this is a city map

In the sheets it goes like this
    Common which is checked
    Background
    Background City
    Fields
    Water/River
    Roads
    Walls Dikes
    Buildings Low
    Walls
    Walls Top
    Buildings
    Symbols
    Vegetation Trees
    Screen
    Text
    Grid
    Map Borders

I tried to move background down and lost everything
    I move roads up, and background down a few, got most back but roads were very faded
  • DkarrDkarr Traveler
    Without having much information about your map the description of your problem seems to point to your entities being on the wrong sheet(s). Your best bet would be to start hiding sheets from the lowest in the listing (MAP BORDERS) to the highest in the listing (BACKGROUND) one at a time. You cannot hide COMMON. If objects disappear when you hide a sheet, and you did not expect them to be in the particular sheet that you hid, then you will have to unhide the sheet and use the move to sheet function to move those objects to the correct sheet you expected. After you have gone over all the sheets all your objects should appear correctly. Remember that most symbols will appear in the symbols sheet unless forced elsewhere. So the furniture and items you mentioned will appear in the SYMBOLS sheet unless you selected otherwise.
  • After hiding everything... accept common, the placed lines show up. They actually re-appeared after I hide hiding buildings. Note the order of sheets I had in the previos post is how they list in order in cc3+
  • That would be the template order. Each template, particularly when changing from overland to city or dungeon, has different sheets.
  • When I did the map, I clicked on CC3. I have erased those objects, got back in, tried to put them on a layer that still shows, only to have them vanish again on refresh. SO Frustrating
  • seycyrusseycyrus Traveler
    Upload your fcw file.
  • DkarrDkarr Traveler
    That means that your lines are located in the COMMON sheet. Which is the sheet that is drawn first (lowest of the overlays), and the one that gets overlayed by all the other sheets in your drawing. If you want to correct the issue you have 2 options. Let's say that the lines are roads, you would use the MOVE to SHEET function to select the lines and and move them to the ROADS sheet. Your second option is to select the ROADS sheet before you do anything and then redraw your lines. You could also use the ROADS Tool and that will place the roads where they belong.

If you are not using the provided tools in the software, such as the LANDMASS tool, the ROADS tool, the RIVERS tool, etc., which place their entities in the correct sheets and layers and have default settings; you will have to manually select the sheets, layers, colors, line width, fill and fill style for each entity before drawing it.