CC3 - Accidentally deleted my map edge...

I'm working on a map created with CC3 (w/ CD3, DD3 and SS1 as add-ons). After working with the map a bit, I decided to delete the scale bar. I noticed what seemed to be a box around the map highlighted at the same time, but didn't process until much later that I might have been deleting something fundamental.

I've been doing more work with the map but have noticed that things like contour lines no longer automatically trim at the map's edges like they used to. At that point I realized that I probably shot myself in the foot when I deleted whatever accompanied the scale bar to the bit bucket.

Haven't yet plumbed the depths of the documentation but haven't found anything promising so far in the help or in a quick forum search - hoping someone here can point me in the right direction!

Thanks,

John

Comments

• Easy to create a new map border.

Click on the Layer dialog. The one at the top of CC3 that starts with L:

That gives you a list of layers. Select Map Border in the left most box. Click okay.

This makes the Map Border layer active.

Click on S: in the top area, this is the sheets dialogue, and click on Map Border. Click Okay.

LS: ( line style) should be Solid

FS: ( fill style) should be Solid.

Look for W: ( width) and click on it. Type in 5.0 and click on okay.

Look on the right side for a square. When you hover your mouse pointer over it, it should say Box.

Click on it.

Move the mouse pointer over to the upper left corner of your map. Move the mouse to the lower right corner.

Click the left mouse button again.

You now have a map border.

If it it is too thick or too thin, go to the layer dialog and select Map border, and then click on Hide all. Okay.

Right click on Properties on the left side of CC3.

Select 'change line width'.

Click on the map border, right mouse button and select Do it.

Type in a new width.

Press the enter key.

All done.