Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthoruncajerf
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2016

All,

I am stumped by the way my Multiple File Export consistently fails to generate a whole row of sub-maps; they are all 'blank', that is, totally white with not even an outline.

What's going on? No matter how many files I divide my FT map into, or what type of output -- Altitude X Detail, Basic 1000, 100, Climate Only, etc. -- it does not work. For example, I Exported my latest try into 6x3 Basic 1000; 2x2 Alt. High Det.; and 2x2 Climate; yet the entire level C00#002 is blank. C001002 is blank, C002002 is blank, C003002 is blank... You get the picture.

I have no idea what to do any more, thus help would be appreciated -- or is this a bug?

Thanx.

JRR
    • CommentAuthorjslayton
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2016

What map projection are you using?
    • CommentAuthoruncajerf
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2016

Equirectangular
    • CommentAuthorjslayton
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2016

I've never seen that particular problem, so it's likely a bug in FT3.

Just to make sure, though, you have downloaded all updates from the ProFantasy website, correct?
    • CommentAuthoruncajerf
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2016

• CommentAuthorSkaran
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2016

3.0.12 is the version I am currently running and it still produces the white output. CC3 says there are entities present but they can not be displayed. I have also noted that CC3 displays no symbols catalogue for these maps but does for maps which have a normal appearance.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2016

Have you tried right clicking the icon and running as the administrator.

I don't have any problems with it now, but I did in the beginning because I installed it as a user, and didn't have proper control over anything. Its incredibly easy to do, and I don't think Win 10 gives you the option to choose how, but you can find out if that's the problem by running as the administrator.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2016 edited

Here is a random world generated in a fully functioning copy of FT3 for you to try. I exported a set of CC3 maps and images from this exact same file without any problem.

If your copy doesn't do it, then we can prove that its something to do with the installation or the setup.

EDIT: In case you haven't got any unzip software I have replaced the original zip file with the actual unzipped file, thanks to an update to the forum made by Ralf this morning :)
    • CommentAuthorSkaran
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2016

Just downloaded it. I will give the multiple export ago shortly.
    • CommentAuthorSkaran
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2016 edited

What I did find in one of my FT3 worlds is that the white maps seem to occur in sequences, for example maps E00e005 to E009005. I did not check beyond these. Interestingly the maps do contain items which I cannot get to appear.

What I will try is the same FT3 export settings for your map and see if the same happens.
      screen1.jpg
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

You have me completely perplexed... :-(

Ralf... HELP!
    • CommentAuthorjslayton

The items that you can count that don't appear might be parts of fill styles. When you say that the items appear in sequences that don't have anything in them, is it possible that the exports in question just don't have any terrain in them due to projection?

If you do a multi-file export and include the JPEG and HTML files, are the JPEG files that correspond to the CC3 files also white? If so, it's likely due to a simple lack of terrain in those tiles.
    • CommentAuthorSkaran

This is the jpeg file for map E00d005 which is one of the blank CC3 maps. There should definitely be terrain showing. So I have no idea, nor why it should be sequences, in this case all the E maps ending in 005. I havn't checked other sequences yet. There are a lot of maps.
      E00d005.jpg
    • CommentAuthorSkaran

Hi Loopysue I just ran your file through the same multiple export with the same settings I used for my file. I got the same result with the same white exports to CC3 even though a jpg of the same region shows details. The other thing I noticed is that hyperlinks for these white exports are not present either even though adjacent files which exported normally do show them.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I'm really sorry Skaran. I'm out of my depth with this one. I really don't know what the problem is.
    • CommentAuthorShareenx
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2018

I've had this issue, too.
    Has anyone figured out a solution or received one from Profantasy?
    • CommentAuthorjslayton

I don't recall if this was resolved to everyone's satisfaction, but please make sure that you have downloaded and installed the current FT3 update (3.0.21) from the ProFantasy website. It has a number of fixes aimed at reducing this kind of problem.
    • CommentAuthorShareenx

=) Most up to date CC3+, and most up to date FT3.