DD3 scale problems

Hello ProFantasy Community

I want to create some battlemaps to use with miniatures, to be printed on A3. On a A3 (42 x 29,7 cm) I can have 16 x 11 inch squares. I want the final print to be 300 DPI, so that means I get a 4800 x 3000 grid.

I have 3 problems:

1. The fill style is very small. I have fixed that by changing the fill scale / bitmap file scale from 10 to 300. When I make a default cave, the scale of those are also very small.

2. The objects are also initially very small. I can fized that by changing the scale.

3. Lastly the walls are razor thin. I have tried to change the Pen Thickness and Line Width settings, but that have not helped.

I have tried to load some old maps: the problem is the same. It seem that there is a problem with the generel scaling.

Thank you for any help

/ Bjarne

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited February 2016
    Hi Bjarne, welcome to the forum!

How large is your map? This sounds like you've made the overall new map overly large. Remember that CC3 calculates in real-world units (feet, meter) and you should not set the map size to the bitmap's pixel size you're aiming for. That's done later, when you print or export the map.
  • Hi Ralf

Thanks.

There would be 5 feet for each square: width 16 * 5 = 80 feet, height 11 * 5 = 55 feet.

I have made a 80 * 55 map, with a grid setting set to 5. The walls looks normal now. That's a relief. The fill style also looks Ok.

It did not when I tried a 480 * 330 map.

I made a .jpg file 4800 x 3300 pixel. Each square is 2,55 cm, or 1 inch.

It seems that I am good to go.

Thanks for the help :-) It have been 3-4 years since I last worked with DD3.

/ Bjarne