Eraser no longer working

Hi on CC3 my eraser no longer works, it still works on CC3+ but when i click it on CC3 the button 'depresses' but does nothing when applied to the map, any suggestions?

Comments

• Have you tried doing a restart of your computer and is the problem still occurring after a restart?

I've had in the past some CC3 functions stop working in the past restarting fixed them when ever the problem showed up.
  • If this happens take a look at the bottom left of the status-line. Most of the time there is some input still open from a previous tool.
    Try pressing Escape or Enter several times.
  • This has happened to me twice in the last 5 years. I didn't mention it in the Forum (wish I had) and so didn't try out the solutions above. What I did do was reinstall the program, and the problem was fixed. A rather drama-queen style solution, I know.
  • SELBYD will end a previous marco, etc. that failed.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Tools menu -> Options -> Select Method -> Dialog or Popup (This is the same as the SELBYD command line command JimP mentioned.)
  • Awesome I will give these a go, its been a problem for a couple of weeks so restarting isn't the solution but I will check the tools thing, which I just did and it works great. Thanks everyone and thanks Monsen.
  • 3 months later
  • edited June 2016
    The same thing happened to me today for some unknown reason. When attempting to run a command like Erase or Change Properties, the only option available was to select a layer. Once the layer was selected, the command would apply to the entire layer. Not sure how that happened but it was horrible.
    Posted By: MonsenTools menu -> Options -> Select Method -> Dialog or Popup (This is the same as the SELBYD command line command JimP mentioned.)
    I followed this method and everything went back to normal. As usual, Monsen, you're a life-saver.