DD3 building walls internally inside a room.

I have a the PDF user guide for DD3, called DD3 Essentials. The instructions for how to make internal walls within a room do not work.

This is what the instructions say:

Click the Default wall button
Click points to form internal walls in the room
Right click to complete each wall section.

I do this and all I get is a line, not a wall just a plain black line.

Either the instructions are incorrect incomplete or Im simply unable to understand them. I have managed everything else except for this.

This is VERY frustrating!

Can any one explain how to do this?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Comments

• Hmmm.

I found an alternative way to do it, but I still would like to know how its supposed to be done.

I simply placed a room within the room and "CUT" the walls I didn't need and left the others where I wanted them.

Maybe thats easier anyway.
  • The default wall button uses the current line width and fill style. For other options, right click on the button.
  • It didn't work.

I have been using the Add Room button and when I try the Default wall button all it does is leave a fine black line seems useless. is there a setting that needs to be reset?
  • edited November 2008
    You can use the default wall button in two ways.

A right click should open the Select Draw Tools screen. If it doesn't, what does it do? If it does, select the desired wall type.

The standard left click will use the currently set fill style and line width.
    What is you current fill style set to? (FS on the top bar) If it says hollow, click on it and select the bitmap tab, then select the bitmap you want for your wall.
    What is the line width set to? (W on the top bar) If it says 0 then click on it and set it to the width you want your wall to be.
    Now you can just click on the button and it should work.

You might also find Joseph Sweeney's video tutorials helpful.
  • Awesome!

That was it I had to set those two things and its GOLD!

Thanks!

Boy I have a lot to learn about this Software I can see.

Is the DD3 Essentials the only guide book/tutorial available? It didn't say anything about adjusting those settings.

If you know of any others please share.

Thanks again.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: yzerwingIs the DD3 Essentials the only guide book/tutorial available? It didn't say anything about adjusting those settings.
    For DD3, yes. But if you haven't done so already, you should download and read the complete CC3 manual from your Registration Page, as this is the manual for the software itself. DD3 is, afterall, only an addon.
    And while the complete DD3 manual is not available yet, you can get the DD2 manual. A lot of the functionality is identical. It is also available form the registration page, just look for the "Complete Cartography Suite Manual" under the CC2 Pro Header.