FT3 Imports into CC3

Hi
Ok I have read all the other posts on here regarding this and have followed Ralf's instructions, I created my world in FT3 exported it as a CC3 file then i opened it into a new CC3 map. I then opened a new CC3 map in the style of Herwin Wielink in the same dimensions as the map I imported into the first CC3 window, this has all gone well as its standard stuff. So i now go over to the FT3 map which I exported and click ctrl-c and flip over to the new Wielink style empty map and tap ctrl-v and nothing happens, just a pop up saying cc2 and that the clipboard is empty? So what did I do wrong?

Please help.

Comments

• Ok and on a side note I tried the edit>copy click on map parts wanting to copy, click copy>copy to clipboard and then right click do it, except when I right click I get the layer box pop up.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    First, the procedure is
    Clipboard copy (Ctrl+C, or select cliboard copy from the edit menu or right click the copy button), then select the entites to copy, then right click -> Do it, then finally pick an origin point for the copy (Watch the command line, it tells you all of this). Do not start with a regular copy as you describe in your post above. Only after completing the final step will the entities be copied to the clipboard.

Secondly, if you get a layer dialog popup when trying to select things, your selection method may be off.
    Try going to Tools -> Options -> select method and make sure it is set to dialog or popup.
  • I have honestly tried this so many ways, but strangely it works when I try it in CC3+, so obviously I'm doing it right, the annoying thing is that the style i want is in CC3 and doesn't transfer over to CC3+ so its a bit frustrating. Thanks for the reply.