FT3 on Mac - file location?

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to Fractal Terrains and enjoy it very much! It's a lovely program and I easily get stuck for hours at a time designing planets for my RPG : )

But I've ran into some trouble lately. The first few maps I saved in the default FT3/Crossover folder and now that I need to do some changes, I just can't find them. Looking through the forum I found the rather convoluted paths for CC/Crossover, but I can't seem to find anything in the corresponding quarters. Is the path different for FT3 or have I misplaced my files?

Clarence Redd

Comments

• suntzusuntzu Betatester Traveler
    Tai Clarence , the default directory for me is but the FT3 program will open up with the last directory you accessed , try using OSX spotlight to find your files
    here is my path to my FT3 directory
    /Users/"Home"/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/CC3/drive_c/Program Files/ProFantasy/FT3

Rob
  • edited February 2016
    Hmm, yes I can find the program but no sign of my files. Isn't there a default location FT3 uses for created worlds when first installed?

And I can't use spotlight search as I have no idea what the files are called : ( I even have a time capsule backup, but I'm not sure if that will help me either.
  • suntzusuntzu Betatester Traveler
    There probably is a default location within the ft3 install but I can't help you on that as I save all my files to one location which all the pro fantasy programs remember when you save them , I know cc3 and cc3+ remember the last 4 files that were created but not sure about ft3 , perhaps you could create a new file and get spotlight to search for the extension of the ft3 saved file. Spotlight is good as OS X continually indexes all files across all drives that are currently connected to your Mac , sorry I can't be of more help

Rob
  • 11 days later
  • Thanks, I appreciate your help. I've been poking around a bit more and it seems something strange happened when my old HDD crashed in November. I believe that's the reason I can't find the files. Well, I just did one of the lost maps again from scratch and it turned out much better : ) It seems like the way forward now. Attaching the result.
  • Oh, that's very nice looking, Clarence. Has an antique feeling to it.
  • 6 days later
  • Thank you both! There's some heavy photoshopping to match the feel I'm going for in my new RPG called Odd Soot. It's a sci-fi game set in the 1930s (not the pulpy type), and I try to fit illustrations and maps to that concept. It's good fun to make exoplanet maps!