CRC Error on Unpacking Vintyri File?

In the last few days, I've received 5 reports from 5 different users regarding CRC Error messages when unzipping the file:

vss5_1_symbols_03.zip

Each user has reported getting the CRC error message on one file within the ZIP, and, with one exception, every person has reported getting the error message on a different file. The exception: One user downloaded twice and got the message on the same file twice. Theoretically, this should be impossible, but theories aren't always worth much. Solving problems has more value. I've downloaded the file three times, unzipped it three times and got a clean unpacking without CRC error each time. I asked a couple of alpha testers to do the same, and they also had no CRC error meassge. Who knows what's up? I assume there's something strange and shaky in this ZIP file, but I can't duplicate the problem. So, here are the solutions:

1) I remade the ZIP file and posted the new version. I hope this eliminates future problems.

2) Anyone who gets this CRC Error message should E-Mail me:

info-at-vintyri.org

and give me the name of the internal symbol file(s) that trigger(s) the CRC Error message. I then will provide you with good copies of the bad file, as I already have done that with those who've contacted me. This will save you having to download a 427 MB file more than once.

Mark Oliva
The Vintyri (TM) Project