Vintyri Collection & CSUAC Install Problems

I know I've done something wrong installing these two sets of resources, but going back through the documentation and trying to trouble shoot I've gotten no where. Can someone please help me figure out what I'm missing?

So, I went through the install for both of these, and have installed the toolbars, but I'm seeing the following problems:

1) When selecting a CSUAC catalog from the toolbar icon, it loads a catalog but shows all red X's.
2) When selecting a VCC catalog from the toolbar icon, it loads a blank symbol catalog. No red X's, no symbols or errors.

I'm thinking this means I unzipped the files in the wrong locations, but from what I can tell... Anyway, here's an example paths for the files:

CC3+ install/data folder is c:\apps\Profantasy\CC3Plus

CSUAC bitmaps:
C:\apps\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Bitmaps\CSUAC (Note, this folder is empty... uh oh!)

CSUAC symbols:
C:\apps\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols\CSUAC\CC3_CSUAC_Animals (with a bunch of .FSC files inside)
C:\apps\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols\CSUACCC3_CSUAC_Creatures
C:\apps\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols\CSUAC\CC3_Equipment Worn
etc...

VCC bitmaps:
C:\apps\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Bitmaps\BL_FM8 Floor Fills (with a bunch of .png files inside)
C:\apps\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Bitmaps\BL_FM8 Landscape Fills
C:\apps\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Bitmaps\BL_FM8 Structural Fills

VCC symbols:
C:\apps\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols\BL1_FM8 Creature (with numerous subfolders that each contain .png files)
C:\apps\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols\BL2_FM8 Equipment Worn
C:\apps\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols\BL2_FM8 Tools
etc...

CSUAC & VCC menu files (.mnc) are all at: C:\apps\Profantasy\CC3Plus\menu

Thanks, what did I mess up?

Comments

• The screen shot below shows you where the CSUAC elements belong.

I can't tell what you did with the VCC material because your info above doesn't show that. Under VCC Bitmaps and VCC Symbols, you show only CSUAC files. BL_FM8 Floor Fills, for example, is a set of CSUAC fill styles that has nothing to do with the VCC. The same under VCC Symbols. BL2_FM8 Equipment Worn is, for example, a CSUAC symbol collection that has nothing to do with the VCC. To help you with the VCC, I need to know where you put the VCC files.

The Vintyri installation cannot be illustrated as easily as the CSUAC in the screen shot below. The Vintyri collection is much larger than the CSUAC with nearly 1,000 symbols, more than 100 fill styles, drawing tools, templates, a full CD3 integration and alternate toolbars. It installs many things in many folders.

I don't know whether you downloaded and used it, but there is a free Vintryi Installation Guide PDF that shows you with screen shots, step for step, how to install the cartographic collection. You can get it here:

http://www.vintyri.org/downloads/vcc_install_guide.pdf
  • Thanks, I used the VCC Install Guide. It's well written and that's in part how I know I did something wrong. I see Mattekure posted something in the VCC sticky about Medieval vs Symbols folder. Let me look into that and your info above and I will let you know what I figure out.

Thanks again :)
  • Unfortunately, mattekure is right. There is an internal folder name error. Please see my separate posting on Patch 02.

Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project