CC3+ reinstalation order?

Hi all,

Last weekend my desktop PC's hard drive decided that "today is a good day to die," and now it's off to HP for repair. (Blessed be warranties, and thank God for regular backups)

When it comes back, what's the proper order to reinstall products? I have CC3+, CD (for CC3+), and DD (for CC3+), plus some annuals. Should I install CC3+, CD, DD, and *then* the CC3+ updates, or CC3+, the updates, *then* CD and DD?

Or am I being foolish and I should just re-download CC3+, which I assume has had the patches applied?

Thanks much!

Comments

• You need to run the updater after you install everything as it fixes some stuff and install some things that is needed for the expansions, that won't install unless the expansions are installed.

Your CC3+ based on when you downloaded it ought to give you the latest version of CC3+, if it isn't then you need to do the update after you install CC3+ and again after all the expansions are installed. Note that you may have to uninstall the update for the second instal of it. (A repair will not add in any patches or other files that the expansions need.)
  • 1 month later
  • Okay, hang on a sec... Not sure why I decided to read this thread, glad I did. We need to install the cc3+ update twice? How do I know if I need the update or not? I just purchased cc3+ a couple of weeks ago. I did install the update, but I only installed it once, just after installing cc3+. It took me a while.to get CD to install...long story...I finally got it installed yesterday. I now have cc3+,CD, and dd
  • DkarrDkarr Traveler
    Open the "about" dialog and look at the version, if it is not 3.69 (as of today) then install the update. If you installed the add-on software (CityDesigner, DungeonDesigner, etc.) after you have already applied the update you need to apply the update again.