Newbie troubles with textures

Hello everyone, i'm relatively new to mapping and cc3+ but am finally making some progress after weeks of fiddling with various elements of the software. I'm currently working on a map for a custom Dnd world i'm planning on running but The biggest problem i'm having at the moment is that i'm not happy with a lot of the default textures in campaign cartographer 3+ and am finding it very difficult to figure out how to add custom textures or change the current ones as everywhere I look I can't find a method for doing so.

The map i'm working on is in the overland Mike Schely style and the main textures I have gripes with are the tundra,swamp,marsh, and wasteland textures. Does anyone know a method of adding custom textures or altering the default textures? If so i'd be extremely grateful if you could share with me. Thanks for reading, and I hope I can learn to make some sort of contributions to this community in the future.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    To import a texture, simply go to tools -> Import Bitmap Fill styles. I recommend placing the texture files somewhere in your CC3+ data directory first, as CC3+ will need access to the files to show them, they are only referenced from the map, not embedded.

If you wish to have the texture available in a drawing tool, click the 'All overland drawing tools' button in the left toolbars, and hit advanced. Here you can edit drawing tools. I recommend copying an existing one by selecting it, and clicking the 'New' button, then make sure the new copy is now selected and click Properties to change the settings of your new tool, where you can then change the fill style used for the tool.

If you wish to edit existing fill styles, you'll find them in the Bitmaps\Tiles folder in your CC3+ data directory. I recommend that if you wish to change anything, make a copy of the texture file, edit the copy, then import your edited version per the procedure above.
  • I can't thank you enough Monsen, I tried you're suggestion and it worked like a charm! If i can just get the textures to resemble the style of the map I think i'll well on my way to finishing this map. Again thank you for your help:)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You're welcome. Happy mapping :)