Editing Drawing Tools to make wall towers

So I'm following the instructions in the Ultimate Tome of Mapping for CC3+ City Designer to make towers for city wall 20' by editing a new copy of the wall 20' tool, but it doesn't function as the guide says it should. The colors of the base 20' wall and the circular product resulting from the three steps of editing are opposite, and no amount of fiddling I do alternates the colors.

I've tried switching the colors manually for the outline and the main circle, and switching from "fill style stone" to fill style solid, but this doesn't work either. The only way it remains to mesh up properly is if I don't adjust the non-outline width to 0.0, but that leaves a gap in the interior of the circle and is not desirable.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited January 2016
    Yea, there is a small error in there. You should swap the values for the width of the main entity with the width of the outline, that will fix it and produce the same result as shown in the images in the book.
  • Much appreciated sir/madam. This was causing me a small amount of headache.
  • I too am interested in this problem - I came across it some time ago, but now I can't find it anywhere. jafred2015, can you give me the version and page number of the manual you are using. I have both Tomes (CC3 and CC3+), but still can't find it, yet I KNOW I have come across it, and used a rather clumsy way around it
    Posted By: qwalkerI have both Tomes (CC3 and CC3+)
    You sir, are obviously from the future then, considering I am not done writing the CC3+ version yet. I would very much like to have a look at that file, maybe it can save me some work :)

I don't have the page number ready, but the issue is bound in the city walls section of the basic city tutorial at the beginning of the CD3 section of the Tome.
  • Sorry, it was the CC3+ User Manual.
    And I found the page - 280. Now I REALLY feel stupid. (Another 'boy' look!)
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Posted By: MonsenYea, there is a small error in there. You should swap the values for the width of the main entity with the width of the outline, that will fix it and produce the same result as shown in the images in the book.
    Is this in the CC3 Tome? Would it be possible to get a quick update to the Tome that corrects known errors like that? Or at least an errata sheet/booklet if an update is too difficult?

~Dogtag
    edited February 2016
    That one is the only real error I know of. It was the intention all along to publish an update when needed, but I was kind of waiting for more than one error to tun up (and a couple of minor miss-spellings).