Am I missing the fireplaces?

I've been using CC3 and CC3+ for several years now, on and off, and I have yet to any good fireplaces. I have DD3 and I'm having a great time working with the new furniture and stuff for making inns and houses but there aren't any good fireplaces. I'm being forced to use cobble flooring and lava for the fire to put something on the map.

So my question is, is there any good fireplaces in a community set or in a particular annual?

Comments

• Two things:

1) Go onto the ProFantasy website and get Shessar's fireplaces (at present CC3 only):

a) Log In.
    b) Click Downloads and Updates
    c) Under Dungeon Designer 3, click the button where (5 files) is the entry.
    d) Download Shessar's Fireplaces

2) Get the many fireplaces available from the Dundjinni forum.

a) Go to: http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=8
    b) Click Search
    c) Use "Fireplace" as your search word.

A large and varied collection is available there.
  • Thanks a ton Vintyri. Those fireplaces from Shessar look a lot like some of the ones from Dundjinni and they are awesome.

Quick question thou. I've never successfully imported images from something like Dundjinni. I could never seem to get rid of the background, so I quite trying a year ago or so. Any possible way you could give me a quick tutorial on how to do that?
  • Oh and by the way I simply copied and pasted the file from CC3 to CC3+ in a place that I wanted and it seems to be working fine. I've done that with several of the CC3 files. So far I've not had a huge problem with it.
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    edited January 2016
    Posted By: BloodwolfI've never successfully imported images from something like Dundjinni. I could never seem to get rid of the background, so I quite trying a year ago or so. Any possible way you could give me a quick tutorial on how to do that?
    Maybe. But I don't know what kind of background you mean. There are some but not many Dundjinni symbols that lack an alpha channel and don't work right in Dundjinni either. However, there are not many of these. If you look at the screen shot below, you'll see that I imported one of my favorite Dunjinni fireplaces and added it to the DD3 Color Furniture Catalog. It works perfectly. However, when you import Dundjinni dungeon symbols, be sure to create ONLY the HI, LO and VL resolutions. The official Dundjinni resolution is equal to HI. Therefore, it is impossible to create good VH symbols, becauyse the original PNGs need to be 2.5 times larger than the Dundjinni symbol is. Also please see my following post below.
    I simply copied and pasted the file from CC3 to CC3+ in a place that I wanted and it seems to be working fine. I've done that with several of the CC3 files. So far I've not had a huge problem with it.
    Any CC3 PNG image file that works in CC3 will work just as well in CC3+. However, for best results, one either should make a new catalog for the imported symbols or add them to an existing catalog.
  • The attached ZIP file gives you my fireplace import in HI, LO and VL resolutions. Please try adding it to one of your dungeon catalogs and see if you have problems that I don't. If you do, maybe forum members here can get behind what's causing your problems.