File Tool Bar Missing Icons

First off I had to totally clear my computer due to a virus so I had to reload all my cc3 programs. I keep getting error 75 and tried the link given but it does not work. I'm missing my dd3, city designer, ca3, ss1, ss2 and ss4 icons from my file tool bar. Need help. Have been installing and messing with this for days. When I download cc3 update 11 I loose all my tool bars. Have now started to drink beer.

Comments

• Posted By: TheoHave now started to drink beer.
    Hmmm. A good Scots Whisky does it quicker and better.

Be that as it may, it sounds like:

1) Maybe you still have a virus.

2) Maybe you need to turn this problem over to ProFantasy support.

In all cases, the information you've supplied isn't sufficient, I think, for anyone here to help you with anything more than guesswork.
  • edited December 2015
    ok 5 beers in so far here is what I have. I re-downloaded all my items. cc3, city designer3, dd3, ca3, ss1, ss2, ss4. Only have icon for cc3 land maps on my file bar. After I loaded ca3 I had every icon program even though I only have the ones listed. I can access all my maps, dungeons, cities, characters but have only access to ca3 and cc3 land symbols. When I select the tool bar tab at the top and try to select add-ons nothing shows. Error code 75 has something to do with it not syncing with it. Oh by the way where does csuac file go in cc3?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Try manually executing CC3MenuConfig.exe in the CC3 installation directory (after update 11 install). You'll need to right click it and choose 'Run as admin'. Make sure CC3 is closed before doing this.
    Note that you won't see anything happen when running it, it just runs and finishes silently, but start CC3 after running it and check if the problem is gone.
  • This is perhaps a silly question, but, do you have your antivirus turned off when running the install program? That's caused a problem for me in the past.
  • edited December 2015
    ok here is an update. I have totally removed cc3 from my computer in an attempt to re-download the entire program. I'm not having much luck. I first downlaod the cc3 program and it installs just fine however I have to download it with my cd as the website download gives me a install wizard not responding message. I then downloaded the update 11 and it downloaded just fine. I then downloaded the dd3 program. The icon for dd3 never appeared on my file tool bar until I re-downloaded the update 11, ok no problem Icon appeared. I select add ons and both cc3 and dd3 are present. I then downloaded cd3, this is where the problem starts. After the download cd3 no icon appears, my dd3 icon disappears and there are no programs listed when I click on the add ons under the tools tabb. I then ran the update 11 yet again and now all my tool bars are blank gray tabs. On the top of the window it says something about the fast cad menu. I'm starting to loose my mind. Any help would be nice.
  • Are you right clicking the executable and choosing to install as administrator? For each and every file?

Eitherway, try running the update 11 as administrator.
  • If you are having problems downloading, there have been several DDoS attacks the past few days. One I read about was affecting only certain sites like Everquest. The other one was a generalized Internet slowdown.
  • Check your UAC settings and turn off any anti-virus programs during the install as that is what is most likely causing the not responding message. Run as an Admin as was mentioned. Also, note that it may take a few minutes before the installer responds.

You need to re-run the Update again. You may need to uninstall the update 1st though if it is already installed and then reinstall it.

Additionally if your having download problems some anti-virus programs can cause downloads to go slower or stop often as they are trying to analyze the download to prevent you from downloading a malicious file.
  • ok so I once again removed all profantasy software for the 4th time and have tried yet another reload as admin. CC3, loads fine and works. I can bring up all my saved land maps. I then closed it and installed DD3. It too also loads fine. Both icons are present on the file tool bar and symbol selections appear when selecting from map to dungeon icons on the file tool bar. I then installed cd3, got error 75 message and when I run cc3 I see that the CD3 icon is not there and the DD3 icon is now gone. When I select the tools tab and scroll to add ons it does not let me select it anymore. Before I loaded the third program, CD3 both Campaign Cat and Dungeons were there. I then installed the update 11 which gave me error 75 as well. Now when I run CC3 all my tool bar tabs are missing and are blank gray. In the top left corner of the window it says FastCAD: menu file not found. When I left click this message two tabs appear one which says about and the other says end. I select the about and a window pops up saying... Campaign Cartographer 3 cannot find your start up menu: FCW32.MNU I have searched every file but it is not there. I don't know what to do now. It loads CC3 and one add on fine but whenever I load the second add on it goes all bad, no matter which one I choose, cd3,dd3,ss1,ss2,ss4 etc....It seems every time I run the update 11 the program gets worse. Error 75. I'm sick of Error 75!!!!! Almost completely insane right now and running out of beer. I think it has to due with FasCAD and FCW32.mnu disappearing during the second add on load.
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Traveler
    edited January 2016
    OK, every time you run the update if when you go to run it as 11 program it will install the update or it will remove it. So you usually have to run it a 2nd time to reinstall it if during a rerun it gets uninstalled.

Now regarding the missing fie:

Go to this thread and see the post Ralf made and download the zip and put the FCW.mnu in your folder and then run and run the CC3ConfigMenu.exe. Make sure you run it as a Admin too.

http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=1484

See if that fixes it
  • 11 days later
  • Ok, finally after 3 weeks and some help from Profantasy Tech support everything is working fine. I do have 1 more question. Since I had to reinstall the program I once had the csuac download for CC3. I saved the folder for it but don't remember where it was located in the program. Does anyone know where I should put the folder?
  • DkarrDkarr Traveler
    edited January 2016
    Since there is a whole thread for how to install CSUAC, it's probably better if we send you there.

CSUAC Installation

http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=3164
  • So I followed the instructions given but when I open my old maps, dungeons, cities, etc red x's are there. I don't think it is installed in the same place it was before. When I load the CSUAC symbols for selection I can place them into some but not all of my maps. On some maps as soon as I drag over a symbol it turns to a red x as soon as it leaves the selection bar. Any thoughts as to why I can not place them into all my maps?
  • The CSUAC thread has this info in the instuctions which is most likely why your older CSUAC maps aren't working now.

"The directory structure is different from prior versions, so the two are not compatible. What this means is that any maps using symbols from prior versions will show red X's for the symbols (the reverse is true as well). This is because the new CC3 version of the CSUAC is using the file structure and files from the Fractal Mapper 8 version of the package."
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    edited January 2016
    Let me add something again to Jay's comments:

Everyone knows that this issue is a big pain in the butt for CC3+/CC3 users, and all of the people who have been involved in this would like to see the old, original CSUAC for CC3 back again, but ...

Several years ago, the owner and licensor of the CSUAC removed his home page from the Internet. At that time, Jim Hale in the USA contacted him and was issued a license to offer the Dundjinni CSUAC on his website. The Dundjinni forum also has a permanent right to offer the Dundjinni version of the CSUAC.

We at the Vintyri Project did the official conversions of the CSUAC for FM8. After the CSUAC website vanished, I contacted the owner and the Vintyri Project was issued a license to offer the FM8 version ONLY of the CSUAC.

Someone else will have to explain what happened at that time with the CC3 version. I wasn't involved in it at the time. I assume but do not know that no one here noticed for awhile that the site had been taken down.

Gerri Broman, Ralf Schemmann and I did everything we could to revive the CC3 CSUAC, but at the time we made those efforts, it was too late. Although his E-Mail address seems to be functioning yet, none of us ever received a response to our request from the CSUAC owner.

The only legal way that could be found to make the CSUAC available again to CC3 users was to have them download the legal FM8 version. Gerri then created the elements currently available to make the FM8 version work in CC3 and CC3+.

However, anyone who made maps earlier with the old official CC3 version of the CSUAC has a problem, particularly if they didn't keep the old CC3 installation package, because the new version does indeed and must use the FM8 folder structure, and that's different from the old structure, which means that your old maps will show red Xs.

I know of no easy solution to this problem. The moral of this story is that one always should keep the installation packages of installed software ... always.
  • I understand that and it makes total sense to me but the file I'm trying to load is the old version. Before I wiped my computer I went into CC3 and took the CSUAC folder out and placed it in another folder. After several weeks of trying to load CC3 back into my computer, still don't know why it was so hard to do, I wanted to install the saved CSUAC folder but could not remember where it was before I removed it. It is currently installed as per the directions I was given and functions as it did with new maps. The problem I have is with the old maps because it is not where it was installed the first time. When I use CSUAC symbols I can place them on all my old maps except the ones that I used when making the maps. Is there a way to remove all the symbols used to make a map from the options bar? I have removed all the red X symbols from my old maps, copied and pasted them to new maps and can use all the symbols because they had not been used on the new map before. It's a pain doing this but if its the only way then I have a lot of work to do.
  • To remove the old symbols:

1. Open the map(s, one at a time).
    2. Open the symbol manager.
    3. Mark all of the symbols you want to remove.
    4. Click Delete.

All of the symbols with the wrong addresses will disappear. You now can replace the symbols.

The reason this occurs is that the old maps look for the symbols in the old directories, which aren't there any more, so it can't find them.
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    CC3+ has a couple of commands that might simplify things: LISTIMAGENAMES and REPLACEIMAGENAMES. These commands will list the images in every drawing in a directory and replace a string in file names with another string, respectively. There are similar commands LISTIMAGENAMESDWG and REPLACEIMAGENAMESDWG that do the same for the current drawing. These commands are useful when moving drawing resources stored on an absolute path from one location to another.

Note that these commands are somewhat experimental and you would use them at your own risk. As always, be sure to make a backup of all drawings before you use such commands.
  • Vintyri thanks a bunch that did the trick. Much easier than the copy/paste method I was going to use. CSUAC symbols are back and looking good!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted By: jslaytonCC3+ has a couple of commands that might simplify things: LISTIMAGENAMES and REPLACEIMAGENAMES. These commands will list the images in every drawing in a directory and replace a string in file names with another string, respectively. There are similar commands LISTIMAGENAMESDWG and REPLACEIMAGENAMESDWG that do the same for the current drawing. These commands are useful when moving drawing resources stored on an absolute path from one location to another.
    Very interesting ... however, it would help if you could give us a bit more step-by-step info on how to use these commands. Using the info above, I experimented to see how this works, but I obviously didn't understand exactly what to do, because it didn't work.
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    edited January 2016
    It turns out that I have an implementation error and that these commands will only work for bitmap fills and inserted pictures, not pictures in symbols (it turns out that using the DLS_All flag for a DLScan only gets everything if you add specifiers for locked and hidden things as well). Sorry about that. A future update should fix these development-level toys.

Ideally, using LISTIMAGENAMESDWG would show you the paths of all image elements in a drawing, whether they are part of symbols, fills, pictures, or anything else. If you see paths that you don't like, you could then use REPLACEIMAGENAMESDWG to specify the bad string part and a new, good string part to replace it; the command would then do that text substitution. This operation allows for fixing # paths to @ paths, changing directories for image elements, and so on.

Maybe I should do a full regex replacement as an option for paths names and one for general text.
  • OK. I understand now. Thanks.