Bitmaps in map tracing

Hi all

I have a problem that probably sounds stupid. I know how to trace over imported bitmaps and now got quite good at it. However, some of the maps I need traced need some changing, so I need to get rid of the original bitmap when I'm done. I can't seem to find out how though. What am I overlooking?

Comments

• First make sure the layer the bitmap is on is not frozen. Chose the erase command, select the image, right click and select Do It. That will remove it from the map.
  • Ok, now I on the other hand have looked and read through the essentials manual but cannot figure out how to import images for tracing. Can you provide some insight?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited November 2008
    Draw -> Insert File
    Make sure to place it on an appropriate sheet so you can see it while tracing.
  • I usually create a new sheet called IMAGE and move it up the sheet list so it is on the bottom (i.e. drawn first). I then add some simple text to that sheet so the sheet isn't deleted for being empty when I save and close the file.* Then I add the image as Monsen said.

*I'm not sure if Patch 7 fixed this, but whenever I added a new sheet and put an image on it in the past, it would be automatically deleted when CC3 closed the file if I didn't put some other entity on it as well as the image.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Posted By: jaerdaph*I'm not sure if Patch 7 fixed this, but whenever I added a new sheet and put an image on it in the past, it would be automatically deleted when CC3 closed the file if I didn't put some other entity on it as well as the image.
    I don't see this happening here. If you still experience this, please let me know the steps to reproduce the problem.
  • Posted By: Ralf
    Posted By: jaerdaph*I'm not sure if Patch 7 fixed this, but whenever I added a new sheet and put an image on it in the past, it would be automatically deleted when CC3 closed the file if I didn't put some other entity on it as well as the image.
    I don't see this happening here. If you still experience this, please let me know the steps to reproduce the problem.
    I will give this a try tonight and report back.
  • FYI: This isn't happening anymore. Inserting an image file on a sheet is sufficient to keep the sheet I created from getting deleted after saving and closing.

If you add a new sheet and don't put anything on it, however, saving and closing the file will still delete that sheet. But that's how CC3 has always worked by default.