Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2019 edited

More.

Since the cave map isn't really as large as it is in the B4 module, I'll probably make an additional Iso map for the right side.

edit:

On my site the links were somewhat confusing. This module has 10 tiers of a sunken pyramid. With other levels below it for referee expansion.

But I hadn't labelled them. Now Tier 1, Tier 2 part 1 and 2, and Tier 5, are labelled in the Arcology navigation links. The cms I'm using lets me put links on particular pages, not all pages as there are at the top of every pasge on the site.

Arcology entrance map

I plan on redoing this map... I did add two more statues to it as thats part of the original material.

edit 2: Added the entrance room for this dungeon.
      cave05b.png
      cave06b.png
      inside_toplev01b.PNG
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2019

Oh my gosh! I had quite forgotten this thread.

Looks like you have done quite a lot more work to it all.

Nice going :)

Just one question: On the close-ups of the Cave City map there are a pair of bridges that seem to have some kind of strange shadow effect on them. What's happening with them?
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2019 edited

It would have to be part of the symbol. I think they are posts on the ends maybe lamp posts.

Noticed this week I hadn't made new maps for over a year. So made some more.

On my cell.

Edit. I looked again and there are lights on each end and there are shadows. Have to be part of the symbols as I haven't added effects.
    Have to say I'm a bit miffed. Been working in my spare time on mapping the b-series modules for a Known World setting campaign. I feel like you beat me to it. All I've got is a few maps of the minrothad guilds and a start on a map of seahome.

Great work.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2019

I'm not the only one mapping B4, so go ahead and make a map for your campaign.

Mostly I didn't map this for over a year. I'm trying to catch up.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2019

Tier 3.

Room 13 rotates, the squareness is an illusion.

A character could go from room 6 to room 14 using rope K; however, the door into room 13 is locked such that most common spells like Knock wont open it.

Stairs L and M go down to Tier 4 of the pyramid.

Stairs G, in room 8, also go down to the next Tier.

While there is rock below these rooms the fog obscures that. So the three stairs going down to Tier 4 are partially encased in fog.

All rooms and stairs are enclosed; however, some cracks and small openings will let the characters see the fog below. When walking down stairs G, L, and M the characters will observe a fog enshrouded passage in front of them.
      lev0301b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2019

The City Cave map on my site is now 2,000 pixels across, it was 1,200 pixels across. Should be easier to see details now.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2019 edited

Not sure what size I'll be making it... maybe a small map for the main locations and then a larger detailed map. This part will be an Efreeti inhabited Volcano.

No map yet, just posting intentions.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2019

This is one of those dungeon maps I have to keep looking at because there are just so many different levels.

Nice work, Jim :)
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2019

Thanks !

I'm going to have to plan out the Efreeti/Volcano location and levels.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2019

Here is the volcano, sketch in B&W.
      volcanoarea_sketch01_0004b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2019

I'm likely going a different direction and taking the lake of fire out...

Here is the City Cave, part 01. Yes, there will be another part to the right of this one. And the Temple on the Island, is the entrance to a lower level temple.
      citycave01b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2019

And here is Part 02 of the City Cave. All be adding more to this.
      citycave02b.png
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

They look great :)

Maybe a better stone texture in the background of that second map?
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Yeah, I'll probably go back to the bitmap fill as shown on part 01. They should be the same.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2019 edited

Background change, and some rooms added. The walls are scaled at 2.3, instead of 1.0. The towers range up to scale of 10.

edit: The white area is ice, with a bridge crossing it. How did the ice get there ? Well, there are monsters who freeze moisture out of the air and create ice in their location.
      citycave02b2.png
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Oh that's a much nicer background :)

I like the idea of the broken fridge monsters