The Game of Capsim!

This is just a small fun map.

I am working on my MBA program right now and I am finishing up this semesters classes.

One of the classes that I am taking is Accounting Management.

We went through a business simulation as part of the class and our team came out on top far above the rest of the teams!

Everyone now has to make a funny themed video presentation that also tells what out strategy was, and how everything worked out.

One of our team members works as a backstage manager for plays and wanted to do a fantasy themed presentation.

She got us all the props and costumes we needed and we have had a blast!

One of the things she wanted was some sort of map for our introduction part of the video presentation so I volunteered to make our "Fantasy Accounting Map" - Ha, ha!

It is named "The Game of Capsim!" to parody the "Game of Thrones" TV show, which she loves, and CAPSIM is the name of the simulation that we went through.

There are 6 teams: Andrews, Baldwin, Digby, Chester, Erie, and Ferris.

We won by concentrating on the High Tech Segment.

Digby, Erie, and Ferris battled it out in both the low and high tech segments.

Andrew was only able to get out a single product line for the simulation.

And Baldwin crashed around turn 4 and was still at a -$50 million by the end of the game.

As such,

1st place Chester became "The High Kingdom of Chesterland"

2nd place Digby became "The Pirates of Port Digby"

3rd place Ferris became "The Ferrisian Coast"

4th place Andrew became "The Lonely Tower of Andrew"

5th Place Erie became "The Brigands of Eriewood"

6th Place Baldwin became "The Cursed Lands of Baldwin"

I based all of the names off of Accounting Terms from the simulation for full "nerdiness" affect - Ha, ha!

1. Taxium - Taxes
2. Ebiton - Earnings Before Interest & Taxes
3. Contmar - Contribution Margin
4. Roedum - Return on Equity
5. Markshar - Market Share
6. Worcap - Working Capital
7. Rosburg - Return on Sales
8. Stocbond - Stocks & Bonds
9. Balscor - Balanced Scorecard
10. Ro'am - Return on Assets
11. The Wastelands of Dhett - Debt
12. The Temple of Ahll, the God of Pain & Despair - "Big Al" is the name of the lender that gives companies emergency loans in return for very high interest rates.

It is just a quick map done up over a day and a half and is not my usually quality nor detail, but it was a real blast to make and everyone on the team loves it.

Comments