Sheets not displaying correctly

I have CC3+ installed. I am using the Tome of Utimate Mapping V3.
I have just started going through the tutorials in the Tome. I am at the first map (page 16 -18) and I am already confused and frustrated. After drawing your basic landmass, the tutorial has you pick a Default Terrain (Mountain Light) and draw an area with that tool. Then it has you choose some mountain symbols and place them on the Mountain Light terrain. When you Redraw the map, the terrain is drawn over the mountain symbols, obscurring them.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I cannot reproduce that here, the mountain symbols stay on top after doing a redraw.
    - Do you have the latest CC3+ update installed? (Currently update 3, CC3+ version 3.69)
    - Are you using the same style as the tutorial? (Some styles may behave differently)
    - Do you have the 'Symbols choose their own sheet' option ob( Default is on, you can find it by clicking the options button on top of the symbol catalog)
    - Have you modified the default drawing tools, or removed any of the default sheets from the drawing?
  • Yeah, make sure the sheet order is:

land
    symbols

CC3 starts drawing the sheets from the top of the list to the bottom of the list.
  • I updated from 3.66 to 3.69 and it seems to have taken care of my problem. Thanks for all the help!!! You helped preserve some of my remaining hair.