Missing 2007 Annual No. 11 Link Restored

With my breakfast eggs unexpectedly upon my red and embarrassed face, I read this morning Ralf Schemmann's recommendation of our tutorial for creating connecting symbols in the PDF for No. 11 of the 2007 Annual. The embarrassment was due to the fact that the recommended tutorial disappeared from our website several years ago, as did the old "vintyri.com" website itself.

In case anyone wants it, the tutorial is available again at:

www.vintyri.org/downloads/cstutorial.zip (7 MB)

It was deleted unintentionally. The tutorial was part of the mapping package for our old Northern Journey (TM) campaign. Some time ago, we turned all of our rights to NJ over to candlekeep.com and we removed all NJ material from our website. The tutorial was not a part of the material assigned to candlekeep.com, but it was deleted unintentionally with the other stuff. Apologies to any annual user who sought and may not have found.

At the same time that we turned over NJ to candlekeep.com, we also ended a few years of internal debate over whether we would develop new material commercially or on a non-profit basis as a free, open gaming, open source producer. When we chose the latter, we moved our web address correspondingly from vintyri.com to vintyri.org, with links from vintyri.com to the new address. However, after two years, we then abandoned the vintyri.com domain.

A warning: The tutorial was written for CC2 Pro. If you use it with CC3 or CC3+, you may have to convert the sample files accordingly.

Mark Oliva
The Vintyri (TM) Project

Comments