Installing John Roberts Dungeon Pack at CC3+

Hi,

trying to install my first dungeon pack, but it does not work out yet. I got CC3+ and DD3 and CD3 installed. I tried to install this free john Roberts dungeon pack from 2011 (issue 54) and the free battle tiles (issue 36B), but they are not available in the software.

I figured out that they were probably installed in the wrong place - AppData, local, temp instead of programm data, profantasy... - and I moved a folder manual - John Roberts Dungeon Tiles - but I still cant choose the John Robert Map Style when I create a map. There are no install options where I could change the install path. So no idea what to do now.

Comments

• Most modules aren't compatible with CC3+, sorry, won't work.
    A workaround would be to open the symbol cataloge manually
  • edited November 2015
    Allright, trying that right now, but not too successfully. Here is what I did so far.

- I relocated all the folders with John Roberts PNG files at some easy to remember place.
    - I openend a random new map in DD3 with the settings: Dungeons / DD3 Dungeon
    - I imported the floor tiles of the john robert pack and selected the Floor layer, I used the "update" and the "rebuild all" option alternatively
    - I could see the imported floor tiles in the symbol manager but nowhere else, I can't select them if I use the "Floor drawing tool"

So this ist where I am right now, I basically just want a way to add all the extra designs so I get more variety in my maps. Any help concerning this problem or suggestions where I can sign up for some university degree to get the grasp of this software is higly appreciated :-)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: SirSixty
    - I relocated all the folders with John Roberts PNG files at some easy to remember place.
    Be careful when doing that. Remember that raster resources are only referenced from the map, not embedded, so the files will need to be in the exact same location on all computers viewing that map. Best option is to put it in the exact same location in the CC3+ hierarchy as it was in the CC3 one (Though obviously in the ProgramData folder where resources resides for CC3+, and not the installation folder as CC3 used).
    Posted By: SirSixty- I imported the floor tiles of the john robert pack and selected the Floor layer, I used the "update" and the "rebuild all" option alternatively
    - I could see the imported floor tiles in the symbol manager but nowhere else, I can't select them if I use the "Floor drawing tool"
    Sounds like you import files the wrong way. Fill styles (for use with drawing tools and so) must be imported through the use of tools -> import bitmap fill styles. When doing this, the imported fills should be visible in the fill style dialog, and NOT the symbol manager, which is for symbols, not fills.
    Additionally, drawing tools don't magically appear. If you wish to have drawing tools utilizing the newly imported fill styles, you need to create them (or modify the existing ones)
  • Thx a lot for the fast replies, but I think I am gonna deinstall CC3+ and than install CC3 and the addons again, and see if I prefer the compability of CC3 to the new features of CC3+. I am a newbie with this program afterall.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Unless you are hurting for space, I recommend just installing them both. The only conflict you will experience is which program will open the file when you double click a map file in explorer, other than that, they work perfectly fine side by side. Until CC3+ is fully released, this is probably the best configuration.