CC3/CD3 good for modern city/countryside maps?

I originally emailed this question but realized this might be a better place for it. I'm looking for something to use to create modern / slightly post-apoc (buildings with some degree destruction/deterioration) top-down hex maps. Scale is roughly 1 hex = 1 modern single family house. Example map included below. It is really difficult to tell what the different packages include for art and what they are capable of based on the brief descriptions provided and so I have a lot of questions ;)

Can it overlay a hex grid with center dots? Can it auto number the grid with rows or columns in letters and the other in numbers? like A12, B13, etc

As for the included art, it sounds like a lot of it is medieval/fantasy. How much of it is modern/post-apoc?

Examples of the types of art I'm looking for:

Buildings:

Houses
Apartment complexes
Townhouses
Schools
Office buildings
Skyscrapers
Gas stations
Stadiums
Prisons
Churches
Malls
Strip malls
Markets
Airports
Smaller airfields
Swimming pools
Parking structures
Police stations
Fire stations
Hospitals
Factories
Water towers
Electrical substation
Parks
Farms

Other features:

Fields
Crops
Orchards
Railroad tracks
Highways
Roads (modern with sidewalks, center-lines, etc)
Power lines
Dams
Bridges
Trees, shrubs, etc
Textures for grasslands, drylands, etc

How much variety is there in shapes/sizes?

Is there a list of the included art anywhere?

Is there similar stuff included in CC3/CD3?

What about the modern symbol set? It's hard to tell if there is anything useful for me in it. All of the samples are either too detailed (showing the contents of buildings) or too high level (not able to see individual buildings).

I saw lots of good tutorial videos for CC3 on youtube. Are there any for CD3?

The art listed here seems to be the type of stuff I'm looking for:

http://cityographer.com/extra-icon-sets/modern-buildingsicons-2/
http://cityographer.com/extra-icon-sets/post-apocalyptic-buildingsicons/

If CC3/CD3 doesnt come with enough variety of the type of art I'm looking for, could you recommend alternate sources for it that I could use with CD3?

I know this was a long and detailed question. Thanks in advance for any help/advice you are able to provide.

-Josh

Comments

• 1 month later
  • Did this ever get a response? I had a similar question.

Cheers,
    Scott
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Concerning the hex grid question in the original map, yes, CC3+/CD3 can do all that.

CD3 also has a full set of modern/futuristic buildings, though nothing specifically post-apocalyptic.

Unfortunately there are no video tutorials for CD3, but there are some pdd pdf ones, e.g. the one from Gandwarf.

I've attached a sample of modern building symbols from CD3. This is just part of one catalog of several, I don't have a comprehensive list, sorry.
    cd3.jpg 222.1K
  • The buildings, etc. in product in the links in the first post are in png format so you can use them in CD3 if you make a map symbols set to use them.

The Dundjnni forums also had some other PNGs you could use too if you search it, but the site is right now down.