What annuals are CC3+ compatible

Is there any way to tell what ( if any ) of the annuals are compatible with CC3+? From the product descriptions it's hard to tell.

Thanks!

Comments

• Blackadder23Blackadder23 Traveler
    edited October 2015
    Based on having CC3+ and all the annuals, I can say that only the following annual styles seem to be available in CC3+ so far: Annual City Panorama, Annual Par Lindstrom BW (City), Annual SciFi Downport, Annual Dracula Dossier, Annual Ancient Realms, Annual Classic Fantasy, and Annual Local Area Maps. Also it looks like all the basic stuff from DD3, CD3, and SS1 is present; there might be some other things available in CC3+ from expansions I don't have (like SS2-SS4) but I can't say for sure.

Hope that helps!
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited October 2015
    Or, to put it another way, every 2015 Cartographer's Annual issue since March, except for June, has a CC3+ compatible version.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • edited October 2015
    Personally, I think the Profantasy team could move a little faster to get the Annuals upgrades compatible; especially the popular OSR Dungeons [Issue 97] <-- Why so long to convert?!. At the very least they should concentrate on finishing off compatibility for the entire 2015 Annuals and all the "FREE" annual downloads. Moreover, they should provide a notice to potential purchasers of earlier annuals the status of CC3+ compatibility. I know that if I purchased the 2014 annuals and were not compatible with CC3+; I would be quite a bit upset.

As a buddy of mine always says; "Get 'er done!"
  • They will probably finish updating the core products before moving on to the annuals.
    It would be nice though if they placed something on each products page to show what it is currently compatible with.
  • Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonThey will probably finish updating the core products before moving on to the annuals.
    Valid point! I guess that would be my approach too; just so many great feature sets in the Annuals that I would like to have available to me now. But, I get it; takes time to convert.
  • Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonIt would be nice though if they placed something on each products page to show what it is currently compatible with.
    That's basically my ask. Would be great if they put a little CC+ icon next to compatible products.

Also a road map for compat updates would be nice too.
  • Give the guys at Profantasy a break - I am sure they are working flat out, without grumbles from us.
  • edited October 2015
    I am sure they are, and that is why I do give them a break qwalker.

But, they do not have that many products - how long would it really take to go through and label what is CC3+ compatible?

And, I am talking from a professional marketing perspective here, not as a disgruntled customer.

I am not busting them out; I am making a suggestion that helps them to meet customer needs.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/charleswrobinsonprofile
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    From a marketing point of view, remember that CC3+ isn't even a released product yet. There is no info about it on the ProFantasy homepage at all, and you can't even buy it as a separate product, it is only offered as a additional download if you buy CC3. I don't think ProFantasy want to do any advertising for CC3+ until it is ready, which includes marking add-ons as CC3+ compatible.
  • Great Point Monsen! I keep forgetting that this a still a test version.
  • Posted By: MonsenFrom a marketing point of view, remember that CC3+ isn't even a released product yet. There is no info about it on the ProFantasy homepage at all, and you can't even buy it as a separate product, it is only offered as a additional download if you buy CC3. I don't think ProFantasy want to do any advertising for CC3+ until it is ready, which includes marking add-ons as CC3+ compatible.
    This definitely changes perspective! Being rather new with a recent upgrade after 10 years of being inactive; I was totally unaware of this. Having accessed CC3+ with the upgrade, I just assumed it was the flagship product. Now it all makes sense! :)
  • 2 months later
  • Is there an easy way to make Annual Vol. 1 (2007) July issue Caves and Caverns work with CC3+ ?
    http://www.profantasy.com/annual/2007/july07.html
  • You would have to copy the CC3 files for the Annual in the various locations they are in into the appropriate CC3+ locations.

Other have done that with other Annuals to get them to work in CC3+ till the CC3+ versions get officially released.

Do note some annuals can not be brought over that way as some products for them haven't been updated.
    Posted By: TargasIs there an easy way to make Annual Vol. 1 (2007) July issue Caves and Caverns work with CC3+ ?
    http://www.profantasy.com/annual/2007/july07.html