Sheets and Glow proble

I am working on my map and having a problem. I put the glow on the coastline and the mountain areas like it shows in the videos by making a sheet and adding effects to it but when I save it then come back and load my file its gone. Its easy enough to replace it I just go back in the sheets and effects then click activate sheet effects. The only problem is if I want to take that file somewhere and have it printed out it won't have the fade. Sorry if I am not describing this clearly lol

Comments

• CC3+ and I think CC3 both leave sheet effects off when you open a map, as I recall, so you won't see them until you turn the effects back on.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    There is an option (Tools -> Option) called 'Effects on Load' where you can specify if maps should have their effects turned on or not when loaded. For performance reasons, maps are by default loaded with effects off.

Note that changing this doesn't help you if you go somewhere else to have it printed, since that is an option for the current installation, but if you print it somewhere else, odds are that they won't have Campaign Cartographer installed anyway, so you will need to export it to an image or PDF anyway, which you obviously will create while you have effects on.
  • Ok that helps also Ive noticed that no matter what I do my landmasses seem to be outlined in a light blue not black thank you for all the help!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The outline is created by the drawing tool used. If you use the CC3 standard overland style, the landmass drawing tool is set up to use a light blue outline. If you need to change this, I suggest creating a copy of the drawing tool, and change the outline on the copy. You can also use change properties on the outline after drawing it to change its color, just be careful not tho select the landmass itself at the same time.