The Cartographer's Annual 2015 - January edition

I'm guessing the primary benefit of the January edition is for use with Dungeon Designer, correct? I'm intrigued by the concept of creating dungeon maps with CC3 (or CC3+) but most of the default symbols I'm seeing are kind of "cartoonish." The two sample images in the January annual,while tiny, seem more along the lines of what I would want. Granted, isometric would be the most cool, but I'm not sure how robust the offerings are for the June 2012 issue are for making larger dungeons. (http://www.profantasy.com/annual/2012/june12.html). Comments/thoughts would be really appreciated! :)

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You don't need DD3 to use the January 2015 style. It helps, because of the room/corridor tools in DD3, but you can use the annual also without DD3 and accomplish the same end results. If you look at the gallery page associated with the 2015 annual, you can see larger versions of the sample images.
  • Thanks Monsen! I'm treating myself to a shiny and trying to decide which it should be: An annual or DD.I'm leaning toward the annual because it'll be useful for CC3+ overall and Cosmo, both of which are my primary reasons for using CC3/CC3+.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited October 2015
    Well, you should probably go for what will provide you the most given your current usage. If I had to choose, it would be am very difficult choice, since I am getting a lot of use out of every ProFantasy product. But DD3 is focused mainly on dungeons and battle maps, so if your focus is elsewhere, you may have more value from the annual.
  • Thanks Monsen - I ended up going with the annual and getting ready to install and play around with it. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there are cc3+ versions included. First annual I've bought, so wish me luck :)