Geomorph Flagstone

Greetings All!

I am relatively new to CC3/DD3 but I am learning (so please any information is good information).

The walls that are included with the Geomorph Flagstone set blend with the flagstone floor a bit much for my taste. I believe they are the lava stone graphic. I have tried using the effects but just can get the contrast I am looking for.

Is there any suggestions on how I can get more contrast or maybe replace the wall bitmap with a different one - say a light grey?

Thanks for your time.
Ed

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited October 2008
    The bitmap fill for the wall is easy to change

There are at least 2 ways of doing this.
    The first option is to explode the symbol, which then lets you change the wall fill style. This is a good option if you wish to make a new symbol catalog with the changed walls.

The other option is far easier, but requires you to "cheat" with the fill styles:
    1. Click the fill style indicator in the top left corner, and select the "Bitmap Files" tab.
    2. From the Fill Style Name dropdown at the top, find the new fill style you want. Select it, and copy the file path from the "file" field
    3. Now Select the "Stone Lava Cooled" fill style from the selector, and paste in the path you copied from your prefered style
    4. Hit ok
    That's it. All instances of the "Stone Lava Cooled" fill style now uses the new bitmap you selected. Rember that this affects ALL instances in the map though. If it doesn't show immediately, try a redraw or zoom extents

Note that you can safely rename the fill style if you wish, it doesn't need to continue to be called "Stone Lava Cooled", but the important part is that you change the existing fill style as outlined above, and not create a new one.
  • I have a related question. If you change an existing bitmap fill style (or any fill style) from the default list included with the program, it only changes it in that map, not for all maps you later create, right?

And if that is indeed the case, what happens if you insert a map into another map (then immediately delete it to get the inserted maps fill styles in the new map) where there are two fill styles with the same name but different definitions (like a different bitmap file used for the fill)?
  • The change has to be in the template you are using for all maps of that type.

So if you make changes in a map, but don't save it as a template and use that particular template later for another map, only that one map will have the changes in it.

I am not certain on your second quesiton, but it seems to me the first style will be overwritten.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Actually, I think it will keep the style from the first map. This is generally how CC3 works. If a definition exists already, use it, if not, grab a new one. But the best way to get a real answer is to try it out. Should be simple enough :)
  • 17 days later
  • Posted By: MonsenActually, I think it will keep the style from the first map. This is generally how CC3 works. If a definition exists already, use it, if not, grab a new one. But the best way to get a real answer is to try it out. Should be simple enough :)
    I finally got around to testing this, and this is indeed how it works. :)